01_zpsd4e64aa8.jpg

That's it for now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Qvart

Reaction score
Muovinen said:
Now that's just mean!! :cry:

:wink:

Mwahahahahahaha! :lol:

Hey, hold your horses! I'm putting off plugging it in just so you all can have some damn PICTURES!!! :lol:

Qvart

Reaction score
Hammer said:
At least you don't have to wait for this one to reach room temperature. :p

And not just because of the finish - this one came from Florida and it's pretty warm here now.

Chazmo said:
I'm sorta' diggin' the Guild hat hiding behind the Fender box.

I figured someone would notice the hat.

That's right - there was a third one for sale! (courtesy of wileypickett)

On with the show...

Well, first off: I'm used to the smell of old guitars and old cases. This is the first time I've ever bought a new guitar, and the case definitely smells like it.

A series of pics (boy do I need a better camera!):

02_zpsb48d6f3c.jpg

03_zpsbae2ea01.jpg

04_zpse41e78ec.jpg

05_zps2666425a.jpg

06_zps703350d1.jpg

07_zps61462d07.jpg

08_zpsef5f3daf.jpg

09_zps89e60c5b.jpg

11_zpseb7d9694.jpg

12_zps85592e78.jpg

13_zps9704dcff.jpg

18_zps958dfc6d.jpg

19_zps5f09629b.jpg

20_zps11d78c60.jpg

22_zps3cffee23.jpg

23_zpsf74ecf07.jpg

Now, is it okay with y'all if I tune it up and plug it in? :lol:

Hammer

Reaction score
Is TF going to have to work up a new image for you that says "Go Korean!"? :mrgreen:

Qvart said:

Only if you're recording video... :wink:

Thunderface

Reaction score
OH MY!

Look at that slab o' mahogany :shock:
04_zpse41e78ec.jpg

Mmmmmm ... three-line Chesterfield! :D
09_zps89e60c5b.jpg

The darn thing is so shiny and new it's hard to get a decent outdoor photo. :?
22_zps3cffee23.jpg

Qvart said:
Oh, I suppose. Thanks for the photos. You should call this one No. 1, not because it's your No. 1 guitar, but because you're the first on the Owners Roster to own one.

Qvart

Reaction score
Thunderface said:
Oh, I suppose. Thanks for the photos. You should call this one No. 1, not because it's your No. 1 guitar, but because you're the first on the Owners Roster to own one.

I think I'm the first on LTG with a Newark St at all. Looking forward to seeing what others get, especially the SFIV.

Did one of you get this bass?

Qvart

Reaction score
Hammer said:
Qvart said:

Only if you're recording video... :wink:

Hmm...maybe a private screening. The world isn't ready for my solidly mediocre playing. :lol:

What would you like to hear first, Hammer? (Remember what I actually play, and don't request something out of my range :lol: ).

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations! The first LTG member owning one! Great!

Since I am a bit obsessed with TRCs...Did you notice that Gibson like TRC on the instruction letter? :roll:

23_zpsf74ecf07.jpg

Ralf

Hammer

Reaction score
SFIV1967 said:
Congratulations! The first LTG member owning one! Great!

Since I am a bit obsessed with TRCs...Did you notice that Gibson like TRC on the instruction letter? :roll:

23_zpsf74ecf07.jpg

Ralf

It's actually more Epiphone shaped, which would make sense being made in Korea if they are just reusing stock pics.

headstock-1.jpg

Qvart

Reaction score
Alan_M said:
That sure is pretty! Looking forward to sound and playability impressions.

First impression: pickups are decent. Haven't tried the clean channel yet. Decent tone variation between the three pickup settings. Neck is smooth and thicker higher up than the vintage ones. More string tension too (because of the bridge), but the strings are loosening up and bending is getting easier than when I first plugged in.

Analysis: So far it strikes me as better than the DeArmonds and from what I remember it's along the lines of the '90's S-100's. But I need to give it more playing time. :lol:

Hammer

Reaction score
Qvart said:
Alan_M said:
That sure is pretty! Looking forward to sound and playability impressions.

First impression: pickups are decent. Haven't tried the clean channel yet. Decent tone variation between the three pickup settings. Neck is smooth and thicker higher up than the vintage ones. More string tension too (because of the bridge), but the strings are loosening up and bending is getting easier than when I first plugged in.

Analysis: So far it strikes me as better than the DeArmonds and from what I remember it's along the lines of the '90's S-100's. But I need to give it more playing time. :lol:

Which 90s S-100s? I am assuming you mean the late ones. How does the neck compare to those?

Qvart

Reaction score
Hammer said:
Which 90s S-100s? I am assuming you mean the late ones. How does the neck compare to those?

Yes Hammer, the later ones. Don't worry, no S-100 will challenge your early reissues. :lol:

My first thought is it's a little thinner towards the nut and about the same thickness further up the neck, but I'd have to measure it out. Haven't had a '90's reissue in my hands in a long time.

EDIT: Looks like the nut is 1 11/16" but the shape of the neck feels similar to the vintage ones near the headstock, a little thicker towards the body.

Seems to be solidly built and everything was finished pretty well. One thing I've noticed on more cheaply produced guitars is the frets aren't always finished well. The DeArmond S-73 I had for awhile, for example, had pretty sharp ends on the frets. The frets on this Newark St seem to be pretty good, but I did notice a couple spots with a little buzz.

Another pic, for the helluva it:

24_zpsdafb4d35.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Qvart said:
Hammer said:

Yes Hammer, the later ones. Don't worry, no S-100 will challenge your early reissues. :lol:

My first thought is it's a little thinner towards the nut and about the same thickness further up the neck, but I'd have to measure it out. Haven't had a '90's reissue in my hands in a long time.

Seems to be solidly built and everything was finished pretty well. One thing I've noticed on more cheaply produced guitars is the frets aren't always finished well. The DeArmond S-73 I had for awhile, for example, had pretty sharp ends on the frets. The frets on this Newark St seem to be pretty good, but I did notice a couple spots with a little buzz.

Another pic, for the helluva it:

24_zpsdafb4d35.jpg

Yea, the fret job, the nut cut, the poly finish, the cut of wood and the electronics are all where they tend to cut corners and all get a heavy inspection if I'm checking out an overseas axe. See it a lot on Epis. Thankfully though, most of that is easily fixed if the guitar decides it wants to stay.