NGD Guild C.W. Fleming F47-BRZ One off Masterpiece Brazilian RW

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
As many of you know I posted the link to this guitar for everyone in the Ebay/Craigslist section of the forum. I figured I would have no interest in it and would love to see it go to someone here at LTG. After inspecting the photos and conversing with the original owner for a period of a week I knew I couldn’t let this one get away or I would regret it for the rest of time. I can honestly say that I have never been speechless over a guitar until I opened the case of this one yesterday. I have seen and played some beautiful instruments but this is on another level by itself. I can say that this is the first guitar I have owned that was built by C.W. Fleming and it is as much a Masterpiece to look at as it is to hear it and play. Honestly I was almost afraid to touch it or play it. I could see this in a Museum somewhere as a example of fine art. After working most of my life with my hands and taking extreme pride in the things I have built and signed my name to I can honestly appreciate the phenomenal level of craftsmanship it took to create such an Amazing guitar.

The attention to detail is Amazing. First off it has a Beautiful silked spruce top that that I believe to be Engelmann. If anyone like Ralf or Hans knows different please feel free to let me know. Of course the back and sides are some of the most Beautiful Brazilian Rosewood I have ever seen. The grain of the book matched sides is some of the tightest I have ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on with wonderful figuring to it. Almost looks like someone combed the top of a fresh Cappuccino with a fine toothed comb. The figuring on the book matched back is absolutely Stunning. This is some of the highest grade Brazilian I have ever gazed upon. The figuring resembles a waterfall of beautiful reds and browns with black accents.

Separating the Beautiful woods is the most elegantly applied red tortoise transparent binding. The Guitar is fully bound in the tortoise shell from top to back as well as all the way up the neck and continuing unbroken encasing the complete Classic Guild shaped Headstock which has the mother of pearl classic “G” shield logo. The Rosette is also simple yet elegant with a Tortoise inner ring, Double bound tortoise middle ring and finally another tortoise outer ring. The transparent red Tortoise shell binding makes the guitar to appear to be wrapped in rubies and topaz when the light dances across the guitar.

The Ebony Fretboard is of such a quality that you can not visually see any discernible grain to the wood itself. It feels as smooth as Glass to the finger’s touch. The bridge is of the same quality. The tuners are beautiful with the ebony wood accented tuning pegs and more preise than any I have played. It takes almost a full half turn to tune up or down one notch on a Boss tuner. The Nitro Cellulose finish has set in and begun to show some of the grain of the wood itself. There is not a ding, rub, dent, finish scratch, or finish check on the guitar anywhere. I purchased it from the original owner and it is in as new condition. This guitar has an understated elegance to it. The thing I think I love the most is that if you were looking at the guitar from 10 feet away you would say, wow, that is a nice guitar. Once you get up close to it all of the subtle accents and craftsmanship really start to show up. Upon closer inspection you will find yourself wondering how one can put that many hours at such a high level of craftsmanship and materials into one beautiful instrument.

On to the tone aspect, Imagine a Grand Piano meeting a 100 year old hand made pipe organ in a Church and then combine them into a guitar with a symphony accompaniment. This thing has overtones that go on for days! You can strum one chord and actually hear it ring for 15-20 seconds. You can feel the same chord for another 10 seconds after the tone is no longer audible. When comparing it to my D55 50[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary Brazilian dread it is much lighter in build. The tone is also more on the Full spectrum side which I did not think was possible. It strums extremely well and the finger picking tones are thick, rich and lush. With Thanksgiving this week I will try to find the time to get a soundclip for everyone. I am in the process of rearranging the Music room so I can more easily access my digital piano and other instrument to streamline my recording process.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and I am truly blessed to be able to play this guitar. I hope everyone has as wonderful a week as I have! Now for your viewing pleasures! On to the photos!

1wWPWx.jpg

Gqct8w.jpg

MgnZTQ.jpg

EOYIXx.jpg

a5SMMn.jpg

B7z1DE.jpg

calv7i.jpg

FZQ1Yt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Opsimath

Reaction score
Congratulations! I've been waiting for the post on this one, with nose prints on my computer screen!

From your description it sounds to be absolutely fabulous, almost other worldly.

So, with this guitar, do you think you have found the lost chord?

Looking forward to the sound clip, but in the meantime hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here are some more luscious shots!

i5YXA1.jpg

NiYFvS.jpg

2LTKEn.jpg

oxPIPG.jpg

NZF0Pc.jpg

vYB6MC.jpg

Mk9BqO.jpg

VBkZBf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh good. I was FREAKING because I couldn't see the photos. At least it's not only me, but on a thread like this, not being able to see the photos is DEVASTATING!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm dying here - I can't see any photos!

walrus

Really? They are popping up on my screen and came from Imageshack this morning just fine. I'll check back shortly and if they are not up I will try to post them again.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I logged out of LTG and was still able to see the photos in the post as a Guest. Hopefully they will show up for everyone. If you still can't see them let me know and I will repost. Can you see this photo?

Gqct8w.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nope. I can't. Lemme log in to Image Shack and see if it's up and running. Hmmmm, I can log in fine. Dunno what's going on. Still no pics. Lemme try a reboot, but as it's not only me with the problem, I doubt that will help.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Negative- my be you are in a private imageshack setting or else overlooking something here on the forum?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I don't know what is going on, I can see them from other devices on different internet connections as well whether I am logged in or just visiting as a Guest. They show up great when I am viewing them from my phone on a cell internet connection. I'll check it in a little while.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Can't see them either , as if the moment I'm on my iPhone . No wait I see little squares with pretty pictures of white blankness lol

geoguy

Reaction score
I see two photos in your first post (front & upper treble-side bout). The side shot is shown again in post #8.

Congrats, it sounds like a remarkable instrument!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I see two photos in your first post (front & upper treble-side bout). The side shot is shown again in post #8.

Congrats, it sounds like a remarkable instrument!

ditto. Some photos now viewable, but not all. The sides and binding on that thing is some serious creme!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've been cutting and pasting each of the links into a separate browser window. As soon as I do that, the picture shows up when I view the thread.

Since you guys are seeing the effects of this, it must have something to do with the internet caching that imageshack is doing. Very interesting.

I will try to cut/paste all the pictures after lunch and see what happens.

Opsimath

Reaction score
I still can't see them, but could be my computer. I can see pictures on other threads, though.

The only difference now is the little squares where the pictures should be are lined up vertically instead of horizontally.