HELP! I Just Bought a 50's Guild AMP!

Reaction score
Just picked up a very cool Guild amp, and I need you experts to help me ID it (and hopefully find more info and a schematic).

It's definitely from the 1950's. Parts are date-coded 1957, except the speaker, which is a Hepner 15 inch alnico from 1953 (probably not original to the amp).

Two channels, normal and tremolo. 4 instrument inputs and 2 mic inputs (all 1/4 inch). 1/4 inch footswitch jack. Cool green amp jewel. On/off switch (no standby).

Tubes = 4 6V6's, 2 5Y3 rectifier tubes, and a 6SN7, plus 4 12AX7 preamp tubes.

I'm taking it to the tech tomorrow for a tune-up. Needs filter caps and a little TLC.

Looking online, there is not much info on these. Different info says this might be a model 110 or 100-J, but then there's not much info on any of the models.

Any Guild amp experts out there? This seems like a really cool one, and I can't wait to get it working 100%.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looking at the tube complement, all I can say is that's it's going to be a loud one.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's an unknown model. Some of the amp guys on other forums say that they've seen them before, but I've only seen one on ebay. I used to think that they were conversion jobs down on the transformer-less amps Guild sold, but, after picking up a very strangely built amp, I'm inclined to believe that these were early attempts to have something loud enough to compete with Fender and Ampeg.

Pics and gutshots are required, of course! ;-D