Can a LTG Brutha get a little help?

Bernie

Reaction score
What about some recordings ?
Wouldn't it be more fair if people would know what they are voting for ?

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Bernie

Reaction score
I got used to forums (or should we say fora) with 15 or' 20 posts/page, as I was unable to use this one for over 6 months (new sent password wouldn't work, attempts to re-register as advised nether) ; so after 10 first posts I thought that was it, end of the thread for then... Binod30 re-opened it yesterday...And his post fitted well with the others.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
We need a special category for thread "memorials", where old "classic" threads that are no longer relevant are stored. Although not if it will make LTG crash... :hopelessness:

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
We need a special category for thread "memorials", where old "classic" threads that are no longer relevant are stored. Although not if it will make LTG crash... :hopelessness:

walrus

Threads are not normally deleted. The ability to find something easily after many years is hindered by the limits of the built in search, but using the Google site: option I have been able to pull up posts I wrote a decade ago. The downside of that is it doesn't work for Members Only posts. I would not expect a lot of agreement as to what constituted a classic thread and I shudder to think of what would happen when someone decides to read the last page and respond to/in a "classic" thread, not knowing or caring that their comments had been made by at least three other people in the posts they didn't read. Not to mention folks like me who will post something in a thread, forget I did it, and post it again.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I think it's kinda fun when someone revives a "classic" thread with a new post... and then others begin chime in, not realizing that the OP is five years old.

But, then again, that may just be my twisted sense of humor. :biggrin-new:

Last edited:

Bernie

Reaction score
Glad to hear we gave fun to you and to Fronobulax, but I wasn't given any comment about my not being able to usre the forum for many months (which is likely why I missed that the thread was old...).
Has there been a problem with connecting to the forum for others ?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Glad to hear we gave fun to you and to Fronobulax, but I wasn't given any comment about my not being able to usre the forum for many months (which is likely why I missed that the thread was old...).
Has there been a problem with connecting to the forum for others ?

LTG has had some hiccups but none of them lasted more than a couple of days. If you were unable to reach LTG or get it to respond then that that is probably your connection or ISP.

In the dark blue line above each post is the date it was posted so if you know to look there you can figure out you re replying to something that was posted a while ago. I confess that most of the time some one does that there is a bit of snickering because the poster did not notice the age. And you were not the person who bumped the thread after years but I didn't think the snickering was directed at you personally, either. Apologies if you thought otherwise.

Your issues with new registration were almost certainly related to a time when the influx of SPAM was so bad that registrations were closed.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

walrus

"Dead Man's Curve"-Jan and Dean
Oops, wrong thread.
Your issues with new registration were almost certainly related to a time when the influx of SPAM was so bad that registrations were closed.
Now that's downright un-American!

Last edited:

Bernie

Reaction score
Well since you asked...

Well, that's nice : I think l could have voted for that...Sorry for the worry; but you'll probably find other musicians to help start something new...

LTG has had some hiccups but none of them lasted more than a couple of days. If you were unable to reach LTG or get it to respond then that that is probably your connection or ISP.
(...)
Would have been very unlucky; as I tried quite a few times it seems : got a new password that wouldn't wok...Tried to re register I bet too, as I got (several times) funny answers to funny questions such as 'if you change strings on a guitar tuned EADGBE, how many strings do you change ?' - Six, 6, Six (6) or 6 (six) all declared wrong answers !!; or 'Guild makes guitars, what does Gibson make ?'. -'Guitars, 'Guitars and mandolins', 'Mandolins and guitars' all got wrong answer as a reply...Finny to see that a new password ended up coming (and working !) shortly after answering that Guild makes guitars, and Gibson makes Gibsons...:chuncky: I wonder what the heck that means...

So, well, it ended up working at last...I'm not a one brand man, but other forums have gone buzurk, so It's good to be able to post here again.
Berne

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So, well, it ended up working at last...I'm not a one brand man, but other forums have gone buzurk, so It's good to be able to post here again.
Berne

By "buzurk" do you mean like having a generally hostile ambience with a lot of member squabbling or just difficult to navigate or post in?
I'm just curious since we see that kind of input from time to time, you don't have to name any names unless you want to.
Even when we used to regularly express brand chauvinism around here it was most often for the sake of humor, but I think the vast majority of us are open-minded about other brands.

Bernie

Reaction score
To answer your post Adorshki, I'd say that good people have gone from the forum or the overall structure on one - or been pushed towards the exit(?) -, that some of the mods close up threads with no seeable reason, sometimes delete posts that seem perfectly polite, or misunderstand humorostical statements I think, and don't respect minimal freedom of speech IMO... Some claim a sort of 6th sense to prevent arguments I was told, but mostly show genuine paranoia I believe. Want a name ?
On an other one, quite a few are too posh, with their expensive pretty guitars, and too touchy about useless tiny little things, that they disappointed me (not to mention wrong political statements by a mod pretending to come to have rules respected - when these political statements are not allowed there :torn: ). Sorry I will only give you a clue (it's not the place), both are historically related I read. No problems on the UMGF :chuncky:
Guild or Martin guys (or girls) look more simple and easy going I think.

Bernie

Reaction score

In the dark blue line above each post is the date it was posted so if you know to look there you can figure out you re replying to something that was posted a while ago. I confess that most of the time some one does that there is a bit of snickering because the poster did not notice the age. And you were not the person who bumped the thread after years but I didn't think the snickering was directed at you personally, either. Apologies if you thought otherwise.

Thanks Frono (hope you don't mind my calling you Frono - I've seen others do it -) for your answer : I did not mind the snickering, but wanted to understand about the problems I've had...
Other persons might have encountered same issues, Then maybe it's good too that mods would know.
Thanks

Last edited: