If I had fingers like this.......

beecee

Reaction score
untitled.jpg

My fingers are probably one joint shorter than that...and much more ...er....hefty.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My fingers are probably one joint shorter than that...

That guy's finger tip joint and the next one back aren't TOO extraordinary, but the length of the next one back connecting to the knuckle is just crazy! Looking at mine, they're probably half that long, and I'm a keyboardist who can reach a 10th easily. :unsure:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great marketing! The implication is not just "you too can play a G chord like this!", but "you too can have long fingers!".

And someone is bound to believe it...

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
unnamed.gif

default's image. Not sure why it didn't render but I think it is because the link is to a page with an image and not an image. Not Moderator Magic, or lack thereof.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
unnamed.gif

default's image. Not sure why it didn't render but I think it is because the link is to a page with an image and not an image. Not Moderator Magic, or lack thereof.

That's Hound Dog Taylor's hand. Six fingers on both hands!

walrus

geoguy

Reaction score
There is a medical condition (Marfan syndrome) that results in unusually long & slender fingers, among other things (mostly undesirable).

I believe Robert Johnson is thought to have had it, & perhaps the "model" shown on the guitar-chord book cover does too.