Guild JF55-SB 1998

paulwellard

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of considering thinning out my guitar collection and just wondering what the current asking price is for a 1998 Antique Sunburst Westerly JF55? It's in excellent condition, (3 small dings on the top, lower bout), has the standard issue Fishman pickup, and it comes with a reliably solid Guild case. Not sure if I want to sell it yet, but open to offers.
Cheers,
Paul

Attachments

• Guild JF55 1998.jpg
    Guild JF55 1998.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 282

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
As a SWAG Reverb suggests a price range of $1180-$1805 for a JF-55 and has one for sale now at $1498. You can probably start there and refine your expectations based upon how comparable you think the various instruments are to yours. Also everyone who posts Reverb estimates seems compelled to point out that Reverb's data is based on the last price in a listing before something was sold, which may or may not be the actual sale price.

A tip of the hat from a Moderator for asking here rather than doing a speculative FS post. Thank you.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....just wondering what the current asking price is for a 1998 Antique Sunburst Westerly JF55? It's in excellent condition....

Wow, what a beauty! And that burst is one of the better ones I've seen. Gorgeous!

Looking at the guitars you've listed, I think I'd be thinning the JF55 LAST. :tiger:

paulwellard

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment Cougar, it really is a beauty but for live it's huge, a bit big for me, plus both my Gibsons have better pickups installed.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've owned a couple (none now) and they are nice Guilds. I had a pretty hard time getting $1,500 when I sold but maybe the market has changed. Also, it was 5 years ago or so,

Grassdog

Reaction score
I bought one in VG+ condition (natural) for $1,600 a little over a year ago from Chicago Music Exchange on Reverb. I think they were asking $1750. I'm guessing you could get something in the $1,500 - $1,600 range, maybe a little more because of the burst.