Thou shalt not laugh at other guitar players

ruedi

Reaction score
Guild Total
Where dilettantism, hubris, frenzy and genius beautifully (or painfully) mingle....

sorry if repost

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
And fans paid money to see this stuff! Yikes!

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Huh. Thanks for the information, GAD! Still funny, but I was believing them...

walrus

ruedi

Reaction score
Guild Total
A good chunk of those are 'shred' parody videos that YouTube removed. .

I read about that finnish guy who did those parodies, I jus't wasn't aware of the fact some of them appeared in this video. I like his approach and the results are hilarious :) Too bad youtube and the music industry lawyers went through a humor-otomy and annoy creative people with copyright claims or similar bs.

But watching Bumblefoot messing up the Night Train Solo for real (4:22) because of that stupid starwars helmet is just gold :)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I read about that finnish guy who did those parodies, I jus't wasn't aware of the fact some of them appeared in this video. I like his approach and the results are hilarious :) Too bad youtube and the music industry lawyers went through a humor-otomy and annoy creative people with copyright claims or similar bs.

But watching Bumblefoot messing up the Night Train Solo for real (4:22) because of that stupid starwars helmet is just gold :)

Yeah, some of them are absolute gold.

The only reason I recognized the shred video stuff was because it was constantly posted on TGP when they were new and so I'd seem them all. They were all brilliantly done.

beecee

Reaction score
I always wished I could play like Eddie Van Halen....now I see I can!