Does anyone else find themselves getting logged off inadvertently?

geoguy

Reaction score
Recently, most times that I visit LTG I will find myself getting logged off simply by advancing to the next page of a multi-page thread.

Not a timing-out issue. I'll finish reading one page, click to advance to the next page, and get an error message that says something like "If this is your first visit . . .".

For obvious reasons, I think I observe this only in sections of the forum that are visible to members only.

If I skip back to the previous page, I can view it alright (as though I was still logged in).

FWIW, I'm using a recent version of Firefox (version 72.0.2) and Windows 7 on this computer. Doesn't happen with any of the other forums that I regularly visit (however, that's a low single-digit number, and none of them are based on vBulletin).

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Geo, try logging out and when you log back in, click the "remember me" box.
I used to get "booted" for no discernible reason way back when, and that fixed it for me.

geoguy

Reaction score
Ok, thanks, will give that a try.

Although I assume I had already done that some time ago, because my browser remembers my log-in info.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Although I assume I had already done that some time ago, because my browser remembers my log-in info.

If it was before GAD's "site migration" back in early January, it would have been advisable anyway.
Several folks mentioned issues with the "new posts" visibility at the time, could be a related issue.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It could be that moving forward shows you logged off. If you use the back arrow it takes you to the previous cached page and it looks like you're logged in, but I'd bet if you actually tried to edit something or post a reply it would show you to be not logged in. But just looking at what your computer pulls up it seems like you are. I always check the box that says, remember me because I've been in the middle of too many replies and when I hit POST it says I'm not logged in and also doesn't remember what I've typed and checking that box was the answer. For us long winded guys it can really piss us off (I'm only including myself in that group).

p.s. - okay, maybe myself and Al....... :devilish:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It could be that moving forward shows you logged off. If you use the back arrow it takes you to the previous cached page and it looks like you're logged in, but I'd bet if you actually tried to edit something or post a reply it would show you to be not logged in. But just looking at what your computer pulls up it seems like you are. I always check the box that says, remember me because I've been in the middle of too many replies and when I hit POST it says I'm not logged in and also doesn't remember what I've typed and checking that box was the answer. For us long winded guys it can really piss us off (I'm only including myself in that group).

p.s. - okay, maybe myself and Al....... :devilish:

That reminds me:
Can I have my saw back?
Stan-Laurel-and-Oliver-Hardy-1054170.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

Telling your browser to remember your account name and password is not what happens when you tell LTG to remember you and keep you logged in. Two different things under the hood even though they may seem similar.

P.S. Navigating with your browsers forward and back buttons will eventually not get you what you want. Stick to the links/buttons that LTG provides.

geoguy

Reaction score
FYI, I wasn't using the browser buttons to move forward, simply clicking on the little arrow to get to the next page in a multi-page thread. I'll post if it happens again.

You're showing two nice smiles in that photo, chazmo!

geoguy

Reaction score
Ok . . . this is still happening to me, even when I clicked on this thread immediately after logging in, LOL!

But since it seems to be only my issue, I shall soldier on somehow. (* insert noble-martyr emoticon here *)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Try clearing your cache and cookies. That will suck because it will log you out of everything, but it might do the trick.