'98 DeArmond Starfire Special

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love this guitar - impeccable workmanship - great finish - still not a scratch on it anywhere. 2K DA single-coil pickups. I run Ernie Ball Power Slinkys on it. Heavy as a Les Paul though. It sounds best with my silver Kennedy 1/2 dollar pick.

fA8J5cT.jpg

With my guitar trifecta:

2QF1swn.jpg

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yeah, the DeArmonds were good guitars. You got one of the best models. I’ll bet it’s a blast to play.

dougdnh

Reaction score
I still kick myself not picking one of these up when they were being blown out really cheap. I've had several DeArmonds - they were very nice guitars. One of the few 'bargain' brand guitars that have increased in value.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
They didn't make these for very long (3 years?) The earlier ones like mine were made in Korea, then Fender moved production to Indonesia and made some design/parts changes before discontinuing the line altogether. At this point, they started blowing them out at about 1/2 price. Those who were lucky found new old stock Korean models at the same blowout pricing. I was too early for that, I paid full price for mine, story of my life!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Dread
You got the fundamental guitar scene covered--Electric, Mahogany, and Rosewood.
Have you ever been tempted to add a maple?

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Was thinking acoustic. I will give myself a minus one on that not so we'll thought out question

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually, I have not been overwhelmed with the maple acoustics I've played, except for the F-412 I should have snatched up at GC a few years ago for $900.00, but when you don't have the money even a great deal is no deal.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Played a '96 Martin D45 at Elderly a few years back, on consignment for $2,500. I should have sold my car and hitchhiked home to pay for that one!