Look what I've got here - Nightbird X-2000 lefty

Johnny833

Reaction score
Hey there

First of all let me apologize for the ****ty photos and my poor English!

Having said that, let's get straight to the point:

As of thoday I am the proud owner of a wonderful Guild Nightbird X-2000 lefty and I would like to share my first impressions with you. It has a nice burgundy-red finish and is in almost mint condition (don't let the photos fool you, there are some reflections from the flashlight that look like dings but are not). Only the covers of the pickups have lost a bit of their shine.

As you can see the guitar has the serial number CL000059, which is interesting since in GAD's Guide to Guild Nightbirds the series seems to end with #54. At this point many thanks and shootout to GAD, your work has been incredibly helpful and there's still so much more to dig in.

Now here's what the previous owner told me: He has ordered this guitar in the early 90ies, he doesn't remember the exact year. The order was placed in a Guitar shop (that does no longer exist) in Zurich, Switzerland, and forwarded to the Guild Factory. After almost a year, the instrument arrived from the USA and was finally his. He has left it unmodified, besides the occasional string change of course, and treated it respectfully and with care.

It is conceivable that the guitar was made as a kind of post-series production for this exact customer, which would explain the high and seemingly nowhere recorded serial number.

As you can recognize on the picture, this model comes with master volume and tone, three way switch and coil split. The pickups seem to be HB1 but I'll admit I haven't removed for inspectation yet. If you wish I can give you an update on that in a few days. Tuners, knobs and switches seem in very good condition as far as I can tell.

Playability is subjectively great, I feel very comfortable and connectet with the guitar. I also like the sound of it a lot, though I am looking forward to experiment with it a lot more. I currently play it through my Strymon Bluesky Reverberator and my ToneKing Falcon Amp, which seems to be a nice setting and seems to do justice to that beautiful instrument. I also play it through my motuM2 - iPad - BiasFX/Bias Amp - Addon T14 speakers. Kill me now you purists :witless:

I'm looking forward to joyful hours of experimenting and getting lost playing that guitar.

If you have questions, please let me know, I'll do my best to answer them.

Rock on

i7osQ8tr5zRjmt6v7
Wow it’s a little different but it’s my 85 nightbird gg it’s a played guitar so it’s not as mint as urs nonetheless it’s a killer!!

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 39