Belated UNGD

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hi and yes I'm finally getting to this .
Sorry it took so long . I have two new guitars and wanted to get them posted together but not without a demo tune . You know me , Audio please !

Ok to the guitar . This is the Guild Orpheum 12 fret mahogany.

As you know I'm one anal sob but though I could nit pick I am not, just don't see the point .

So what's it like ? Well I don't really know what say . The dang thing is bloody amazing ! Yes ! I said it ! Lol

I actually think it opened up some but it just could be wishful thinking. Haha

So back to amazing and she is . Wonderfully balanced , light weight and the tone is through the roof . At least that's my take .

Clean ,clear and crisp notes from top to bottom wonderful lows .:)

My tune is called Adrift you'll hear why . Lol
Funny thing I've been practicing a different tune since I got it and it's the first piece of music from opening the box I can up with on her.

Ok so I started recording today after a few takes of the original first tune and no luck. I tend to noodle between takes and this popped out it's basic D something's anyway when I first played it and let it ring out and heard her ring like a bell well, that was that so I switched gears and this got wrote and recorded and posted . Lol I can't stay focused on my own stuff ,oh look a quarter ! Anyway I'll get the other tune posted soon . Also the other guitar is patiently waiting for her turn . Haha

Ok pics let's try from phone if not I'll post this and come back on the pc .

Listen to Adrift by Ray kohn on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/agradeleous234/adrift

Attachments

• IMG_20200215_103544.jpg
    IMG_20200215_103544.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20200215_103625.jpg
    IMG_20200215_103625.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20200215_103637.jpg
    IMG_20200215_103637.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20200215_103824.jpg
    IMG_20200215_103824.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20200215_103941.jpg
    IMG_20200215_103941.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20200215_104103.jpg
    IMG_20200215_104103.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20200215_103544__01.jpg
    IMG_20200215_103544__01.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ray, that's a beautiful guitar! And it sounds great, too!

walrus

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks seems I'll have redo the pics LOL not sure why they flipped pesky Android ! lol

on PC the pics were deleted but there back but they don't show up in edit . LOL

Last edited:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've always wanted to try a 12 fret and for some reason the slotted headstocks appeal to me, so, make more songs so I can pretend I am testing it out.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Beautiful guitar Ray!! I love the 12 fret and the mahogany is beautiful. I have a Taylor that's a slotted headstock and they're super light and balanced. Your songs have an ethereal quality to them. I'd like to hear it driven a little harder as well, just for comparison. Congrats!! :encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to try a 12 fret and for some reason the slotted headstocks appeal to me, so, make more songs so I can pretend I am testing it out.

You bet !

Beautiful guitar Ray!! I love the 12 fret and the mahogany is beautiful. I have a Taylor that's a slotted headstock and they're super light and balanced. Your songs have an ethereal quality to them. I'd like to hear it driven a little harder as well, just for comparison. Congrats!! :encouragement:

Thanks Tom , I think if I act out what I play I have a much better life . Lol

Funny you mention driven in-between takes I go of track and noodle around and I tend to up the game in frustration. Lol
How about something a little bluesy but yet not ? Lol

I'm still working on a way to fix the pictures seems Rays sexy fingers strike again . Lol

I tried using Imgar but nothing worked so what I miss ?

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....Ok to the guitar . This is the Guild Orpheum 12 fret mahogany.....

Whoa! Well done, Ray! What a beauty, and that tone is superb! Another nice piece from the serene side of Ray!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray, this was discussed and I went through some changes trying to keep the photos from "flipping" and with help from frono and GAD I finally got the information I needed. It's in this post: https://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?201098-Uploading-Photos-is-now-Allowed

Go through the post and you should have an answer to WHY and an idea of HOW to fix!! :encouragement:

Thanks Tom , but I didn't see anything that helps . Mayhaps a Glitch that needs fixing as far deleting the pictures . In regular edit mode pic files aren't there in advanced I can see the attached photos as thumbnails
But no way to delete them if that is the issue.
As far as flipping the photos it be my phone or something in the site. On mobile in full site mode there's sections that display over each other like header in the home page does for me so maybe there's something there IDK .
Mods , yeah the thread is getting of track need to delete related posts and I'll get with GAD via PM on the issues of my sexy fingers . Lol

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats Ray! What a wonderful slotted-headstock 6 string Orpheum! They were indeed special, so few were produced only in 2014.
Ralf

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Rayk:
Your song was soooo soooo good. It reminded me of watching movie scenes of the most remarkable wonders of our world and your playing was the, only, audio heard--just magnificent scenery and magnificent music.
You D Man!!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Tom , but I didn't see anything that helps . Mayhaps a Glitch that needs fixing as far deleting the pictures . In regular edit mode pic files aren't there in advanced I can see the attached photos as thumbnails
But no way to delete them if that is the issue.
As far as flipping the photos it be my phone or something in the site. On mobile in full site mode there's sections that display over each other like header in the home page does for me so maybe there's something there IDK .
Mods , yeah the thread is getting of track need to delete related posts and I'll get with GAD via PM on the issues of my sexy fingers . Lol
Dude mobile access to this site is limited. It may change one day, but do you have different access? And if not then, okay..... then wait until things change. That's all I can say.....

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Ray! What a wonderful slotted-headstock 6 string Orpheum! They were indeed special, so few were produced only in 2014.
Ralf
Thanks , What about Rosewood models i think i seen some just not sure what models were made .

Rayk:
Your song was soooo soooo good. It reminded me of watching movie scenes of the most remarkable wonders of our world and your playing was the, only, audio heard--just magnificent scenery and magnificent music.
You D Man!!!
Wow I honored , I don't know what to say other then Glad you liked it .:)

Beauty Ray!
Thank you sir .

Dude mobile access to this site is limited. It may change one day, but do you have different access? And if not then, okay..... then wait until things change. That's all I can say.....

Yeah I realize that but since I'm really good at breaking things especially forums I'll take the blame . Lol

I have to try again on pc make sure I have the right boxes checked and see if I can fix it. I tried already but need to make sure I didn't miss something.
Thanks.

And Cut ! I see after listening with my ear buds a redo is needed . I didn't catch the body movements they must be on the main track and I'm not happy with the timing . Darn it . Lol

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ray, here's your headstock (Guild did an amazing job on the slotted Orpheums) flipped back to upright, and then saved. Then I slightly changed the dimensions which resets some of the "instructions" (see that post I referred you to earlier) that come imbedded in phone photos, and now if I did everything right it should be okay.

Rays Guild.jpg

Is this what you were trying to do? Either way, it's a beautiful guitar, and the headstock is stunning!!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Show off . Lol i tried to flip that top picture in my set expecting to flip to the right way but nope it stayed the same . Lol

beecee

Reaction score
Hmmm..I'm not allowed to take mine out for fear of changing my mind for a sale to be consummated in the spring.

(I'd never do that to the Buyer...just kidding).

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
wow, ray, you have made it. this is another level of NGD I think, these Orfs are quite rare air.

congrats bud!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..I'm not allowed to take mine out for fear of changing my mind for a sale to be consummated in the spring.

(I'd never do that to the Buyer...just kidding).
If keep that Orpheum you know it sounds good ! ��

wow, ray, you have made it. this is another level of NGD I think, these Orfs are quite rare air.

congrats bud!

Thanks you Sir Westerly of the wood . :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I almost started a new thread but I guess not needed . Haha

Haha well , yeah I just never thought and BAM ! here it is. There's a lot of very good guitars out there built by many different manufacturers . I can't say lutheirs as in related to custom builds but not all are created equal so there's exceptions. Lol

Some might say the Orpheums are custom builds but I'd need more backround on them and the build process.

What I can say is Mr Dapmdave once again brought great joy into my hands. Ok Al don't you dare go there !

My first Guild Joy was the F212XLCE , bloody amazing and if yours isn't you ain't heard mine . Lol
Now comes the 12 fret Orph orchestra mahogany and Adirondack.

Did they make these in Rosewood ?
Anyway the dang thing just keeps growing on me and fast becoming the couch guitar . A position if high praise !

So at this moment I bow before you Guild and Guild lovers . This is a wonderful guitar great tone ,balance , overtones and projection and let's not forget it sounds great in front of a mic the best decideing factor of all . Lol

I'm most pleased .
So now I'm on a Rosewood hunt
It's all your all's fault . Lmao . 😁

PS ; Tom I'm trying to come up with something that represents what you were asking . It could be if help if could say what your looking for maybe by artist to give an idea of the sound you want .