F-512 update

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:) All I can tell you, Steve, is that the F-512 is a very different experience. Having said that, I haven't really ever A/B'd a Tacoma-era F-512 and F-412 to give a thorough exposition on the difference. My '90s JF-30-12 is built like a friggin' tank and that might account for at least some of the difference.

steverok

Reaction score
:) All I can tell you, Steve, is that the F-512 is a very different experience. Having said that, I haven't really ever A/B'd a Tacoma-era F-512 and F-412 to give a thorough exposition on the difference. My '90s JF-30-12 is built like a friggin' tank and that might account for at least some of the difference.

My JF65-12 is also a tank, and a real power-house. Shimmers so strongly. I ordered the new F512E, and will have it soon. Looking forward to opening that case and strumming it for the first time. I expect it to be a keeper !

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to opening that case and strumming it for the first time.
Don't forget: Soft candlelight (multiple, genuine beeswax), lots of crepe-y fabric hanging from the walls, several vases of flowers, Mantovani or soft jazz on the radio while you speak guitar whisperer phrases...and if your wife asks what the hell you're doing hold up the bottle of Ambien.
Or Robitussin, whichever's handier.
Congrats!
:smile:

ezstrummer

Reaction score
I just ordered a new 2512E Deluxe from Sweetwatwer.. but its coming from China, so guess I wont see it for a while.:nightmare:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just ordered a new 2512E Deluxe from Sweetwatwer.. but its coming from China, so guess I wont see it for a while.:nightmare:

ez, let us known if you hear anything from CMG... They might have already stocked some of these, and we do know that they've been QA'ing some/all of the Newark Street line ('leccies). OTOH, I doubt much is going on in Oxnard either... :(