1993 Guild S-100 Green

nibs208

Reaction score
I posted that I had picked up this guitar on the "ebay/craigslist/gbase offerings" post about it back around October so some of you may have seen it already. When it came to me it had some PAF style pickups in it, the pickup rings were trashed and the guitar was FILTHY. The guitar is a really early 90's reissue. It's got the serial number FB000009 and has the date "12-6-93 JT" written in the control cavity. Once the guitar arrived I immediately reached out to Hans Moust to see if he could source period correct pickups for it. It took some months due to busy lives and one of the pickups needing to be sourced from elsewhere but they eventually arrived and I had them installed. The pickups are of the 4 wire variety. After the work was completed and a DEEP cleaning this thing is ready to rock. It's my favorite guitar. Sounds perfect through my JCM800 4010. I also own a 75/76 S-100 which the green one just edges out. Just figured I'd share pictures of what she looks like now. Thanks again goes to Hans. This guy is a pillar of the guild community.

FUFnBSU.jpg

O2K1vny.jpg

iRuIHuu.jpg

gMWCvZc.jpg

hgKhCkj.jpg

I31B7Ga.jpg

C5YQcVs.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Man that 3rd pic looks life-size on my tube.
It's enough to give a flattop purist electric GAS!
:emmersed:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those are my favorite of the already great vintage HB1s. Did you use the 4-wire capability?

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The finish looks spectacular! Glows like an emerald. What did you do to clean it up? I bet this beast rocks the house. What is the small switch - coil tap?

nibs208

Reaction score
I set it up in the classic S-100 configuration as a phase switch. What’s the 4 Wire Capability? Coil tap?

As far as cleaning if goes, I had to remove every part and scrub clean a significant layer of grime that had accumulated round the edges of the pickup, bridge posts, tail piece etc. I just used basic guitar polish to get rid of the fingerprints before my buddy photographed it.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
The four-wire config allows coil splitting…or parallel humbucking. I use the latter a lot on an old Ibanez AR-300. Lower output and less mid push than standard series humbucking.

-Dave-