Sir GAD a Question

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Will the site be more mobile friendly?
I have no issues in default mobile mode so far as viewing .
I see uploading a pic isn't possible from mobile device or my device yet . Lol
I had some other issues where i could edit a post from mobile but it would only delete the post when trying to save .
Thing some places like the acoustic thread it would work but say on movers music it would function fine so kind of a hit and miss thing .

If you know about this just forget I came by . Lol
Peace 😁

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Long answer: The mobile experience will improve when and if I upgrade the software. That needs to be done, but it will change a lot of things so I'm not going to do it until I can thoroughly test it beforehand. That's a lot of work, but it desperately needs to be done.

Short answer: not right away, but someday, hopefully in the not-to-distant future.

BTW you can upload photos from your mobile device by switching to "Default Style" which is the desktop version. This is really only useful on a tablet since the text gets REALLY small on a phone, but it is possible.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh I just looked in default mobile there's no pic upload option and this thread section is one of the areas that doesn't allow me to edit my post and save just delete thread. So my first post is gone . Lol

So to recap in short glad your on top of it many mobile users over PC

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh I just looked in default mobile there's no pic upload option and this thread section is one of the areas that doesn't allow me to edit my post and save just delete thread. So my first post is gone . Lol

So to recap in short glad your on top of it many mobile users over PC

Not "default mobile" - "default". Default will put you into desktop mode and that's where you can do everything.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Desk top mode is default style .
The window for posting a pic is there and I can select a picture.
What's not available is the save or post option so leaves me stuck so I just back out of it .
It's jpeg file ,maybe the file size is to big ?

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Desk top mode is default style .
The window for posting a pic is there and I can select a picture.
What's not available is the save or post option so leaves me stuck so I just back out of it .
It's jpeg file ,maybe the file size is to big ?

Apologies for buttinski, but Ray, if you didn't see this it might help?:
https://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?201097-How-to-use-Attachments
Or maybe this one?
https://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?201098-Uploading-Photos-is-now-Allowed
Don't recall ever seeing a limitation on file size except for avatars.

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
There is a file size limit.

Ray how big is this file?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh for the love of Gad. The load it to the forum is that " upload files " Geez come on . Lol
We're trained to look for a button on the bottom right not small script huddled together with rest of info . I thought that was all one thing and I'm not even drinking . �� -If that doesn't display it's an angry face . Lol

Oh I wasn't uploading the avatar thing but either way I can fix file size . �� - that's a smiley face with teeth lol

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh for the love of Gad. The load it to the forum is that " upload files " Geez come on . Lol
We're trained to look for a button on the bottom right not small script huddled together with rest of info . I thought that was all one thing and I'm not even drinking . �� -If that doesn't display it's an angry face . Lol

Oh I wasn't uploading the avatar thing but either way I can fix file size . �� - that's a smiley face with teeth lol

Yeah the "upload files" thing is awful which is why I put together that post with the screenshots.

Hey - I didn't write the code. If I did it would be beautiful. :emmersed:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Weird - your smiley face with teeth shows up as a question mark, but if I quote it for a reply it shows up in the reply... then doesn't when I post it. Gremlins. Ghost in the machine. Poltergeists...

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Weird - your smiley face with teeth shows up as a question mark, but if I quote it for a reply it shows up in the reply... then doesn't when I post it. Gremlins. Ghost in the machine. Poltergeists...

It's the fault of the non beautiful code . Lol
🤪😂😁😋😊

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's the fault of the non beautiful code . Lol
����������

^^^^^∆^^^^^ Ok what's going on !? Lmao ����

Now it's backwards .