NGD: 2017 Guild Starfire IV ST Maple (Newark St. Collection)

Reaction score
Hello all,

My first post here on Let's Talk Guild -- thanks for having me!

I thought I'd share my new (and first ever) Guild guitar. I picked her up over the weekend for 500GBP/650USD (complete with hard case) used, but in near mint condition and so far so good!

pLw1hFAl.jpg
[/IMG]
887auhdl.jpg
[/IMG]
bhSlc8Xl.jpg
[/IMG]

I am very impressed with the quality, especially considering the price I paid. Saying that, I am already feeling the urge to upgrade some of the stock parts to a higher quality, particularly the tuners, pickup switch and tune-o-matic bridge.

I would be very interested to hear of any upgrades done by other members to Newark St. Collection guitars-- it's likely that I'll set up another thread for that as I haven't managed to find much information in my previous searches (feel free to point me to the right place if I'm missing something blindingly obvious!).

Len

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I am very impressed with the quality, especially considering the price I paid. Saying that, I am already feeling the urge to upgrade some of the stock parts to a higher quality, particularly the tuners, pickup switch and tune-o-matic bridge.

I would be very interested to hear of any upgrades done by other members to Newark St. Collection guitars-- it's likely that I'll set up another thread for that as I haven't managed to find much information in my previous searches (feel free to point me to the right place if I'm missing something blindingly obvious!).

Len

Welcome aboard, Len, nice entrance!
You hit the 3 common points of upgrade that I can recall, from reading just about all posts here regularly.
But yes the NS upgrade threads are mixed in with all the threads in their respective subforums (and in "Tech") so searching would be a little laborious.
Starting a "What did you do to your..." thread seems like a good idea.
Also if you weren't aware of it, new members' first few posts are vetted by mods (moderators not scooter riders, :glee:) so don't worry if they take a while to appear, once you're cleared everything posts in real time.