D100 Discussion was D100 for sale and might still be

Reaction score
I have a D100, NT, model AD100A02, This is a working instrument which I travel with and has a top pickguard identical to the lower original to protect from thumbpick. I used to have a Ritchie Havens D55 model Guild back in the mid70s which has this configuration so I duplicated it. Looks and works great! I would like to find out the actual value of these instruments today. This has the Fishman pickup and is in good condition with the exception of some surface wear and tear. I have had insurance on this instrument for $8,000, but do not know if that is enough. Any offers? I live in San Miguel de Allende Mexico.rs. Serious investment inquiries only. Thanks

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Some recent clarifications:

1. Please ensure that you are ready to sell an item before you list it. That means that you are not fishing, and that you are prepared with a price and the capability to complete the sale.

2. Include your return policy explicitly in your listing.

3. Consider a donation to the site as part of your sale, and say so in your ad if you plan to. It's good karma.

If you are not certain, please contact a moderator and ask questions before you post. Otherwise, moderators will potentially remove or close threads in this section.

Quoted from here. https://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?179584-Read-me-please-Policy-Reminder

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The thing is although you, and some others, like the look of the double pickguard, there are many that are not so enthusiastic about them. Especially on such a high end Guild, some would argue that the pickguards obscure the beauty of such a fine spruce top and depending on how it is cut around the abalone soundhole, may lower the value of such a guitar. Since you don't mention "C" or "CRV" anywhere in the model name I assume this one does not have the carved heel that some of them had?

As the moderator has indicated above, FS/FT listings are usually just that. A price, photos, a link to a guitar selling website, etc., would make it more legit. A post about "What do you think this guitar is worth?" would be better situated in Acoustic/Acoustic Electric to elicit responses from the general population here. Maybe a moderator could move it for you until you determine its value.

While these don't come up for sale too often, quite a few members here have one. If you're asking for opinions on price, while you may insure it for whatever you like, I doubt you'd ever get anywhere near that amount, especially with the modification of the additional pickguard. Just my opinion.

Others will be along soon with more information and opinions. Good luck!! :encouragement:

p.s. - please remember as a new member your first posts are moderated on the site so your responses and posts will not appear in real time. Please know, that there will be a short delay while your responses are reviewed by the moderators.

Last edited:

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have had insurance on this instrument for $8,000, but do not know if that is enough. Any offers? I live in San Miguel de Allende Mexico.rs. Serious investment inquiries only. Thanks

Just curious. How did you come up with an insurance value of $8,000?

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I love that model and have owned two of them in the past. One I paid $2,300 and sold for the same. The other, I paid $2,100 and sold for just over that. I should have held onto the $2,100 version. It was pretty minty. Oh well, live and learn.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
If you're asking for opinions on price, while you may insure it for whatever you like, I doubt you'd ever get anywhere near that amount, especially with the modification of the additional pickguard. Just my opinion.
Don't think I'd call it a "modification" since it was an available special order option from Guild, and assuming it is a Guild 'guard.
Otherwise, yes there seem to be far less fans of the look than fans of it.
So it'd probably still work against it in the market.
I happen to like it myself but I know I'm in the minority.
Year of make can also affect value, we need that info to assess asking price when set.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I like double pick guards!

I do as well but don't think I'd really want it on this particular model. I had them on a D 40 and a D 50 and in my opinion, they were way cool. The D 100 just seems to me to be a model that should just have one or maybe even none..

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Richard Webb, welcome aboard, but indeed this thread could use a price and some pictures, as per the FS/FT guidelines. I'm afraid most of us can't really offer advice on price without pictures/details, and that's better pursued in the Acoustic/Electric section where you'll get more feedback on that.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I do as well but don't think I'd really want it on this particular model. I had them on a D 40 and a D 50 and in my opinion, they were way cool. The D 100 just seems to me to be a model that should just have one or maybe even none..
What this guy said right above here ^^^. The only guitars I have with pickguards are my two Guilds. I'm not a huge pickguard fan and I'd rather go without than with and apparently my playing style is such that even on my 25 year old Washburn, there are hardly any scratches, let alone big ones. But it's a matter of taste. I'm with Richard. One or none on this model, but I'm not buying it either so..... there is that.....

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
For me, the unique pickguard shape is what makes a Guild a Guild. At least on the acoustics.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. I decided to move this because none of the discussion is about the guitar for sale. Please relist it with a definite price and hopefully pictures. No problem - I really just decided moving here would be more helpful. In case you, or anyone else, was wondering, sometimes Mods will use green colored text just to highlight that they are posting as a Mod and not just as someone with an opinion.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good to know the mods are in the green. Not sure if by envy or the princely sums they are paid to read all the threads and state " I think NOT! " and hit the fancy buttons.

kostask

Reaction score
I for one, don"t like double pick guards, as in really, really don't like them.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard W welcome to LTG and it's myriad of opinions! If you are interested in selling the guitar, put it up on FS/FT as suggested, and it is certainly possible you may find a buyer. Also, Reverb, etc.

Whatever opinions might be about a double pickguard, assuming you have priced it right, there is bound to be a buyer for a double pickguard D100 out there somewhere - those are relatively rare and great sounding guitars!

Good luck!

walrus

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to know the mods are in the green. Not sure if by envy or the princely sums they are paid to read all the threads and state " I think NOT! " and hit the fancy buttons.

Bwahahahaha!!!! Gotta' love those fancy buttons, John!

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
The double pick guards will lower the value to a lot of potential buyers.
Removing one will be problematic due to a tan line.
I have seen a few of these guitars sell for between $3,000.00 and $4,000.00 depending on condition.

If you are not in a hurry to sell yours, start high and go down if you don't get any interest.

6L6

Reaction score
For me the double pickguard would make this guitar a "No go".

If it had just a single pickguard, I think you would do very well to get $3000 for it and only if it is near mint condition and needs no work.

If you haven't noticed, it's a Buyer's Market out there and I only see it getting worse for sellers as Boomers die off.