NGD: 1992 Starfire IV

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I assume it's a '92. Haven't confirmed with Hans.

It arrived, and it's beautiful and plays great. Sadly, the seller packed the guitar with bubble wrap inside the case which is probably my biggest pet peeve with people shipping vintage guitars.

5D3_0449_1600.jpg

Quick and dirty pic while I was documenting the finish damage:

5D3_0452_1600.jpg

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yay! I managed to buff it out!

And then I broke a solder connection while pulling the harness. D'oh! At least that one's totally on me.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got that all fixed up and went to adjust the relief which was very high. Apparently it was very high because the nut is severely over-cut and needs to be replaced. The neck may also have a slight twist to it, but it's 3am and I can't see straight.

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A beauty! Glad the finish smudges were able to be buffed out. That reddish sunburst with the gold hardware looks awesome.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow! Great finish on that! Quite a bit like the Cherry Sunburst on a Bluesbird. It's not labelled as "Cherry Sunburst", is it?

walrus

kakerlak

Reaction score
I never, ever let any bubble wrap or bagged air directly touch a guitar in its case when packing -- always separate with a layer of cloth or paper if it's necessary to use that stuff for padding. There's a picture somewhere online of (IIRC) a black SG that's got straight-up polka dots all over it from bubble wrap shipping.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I never, ever let any bubble wrap or bagged air directly touch a guitar in its case when packing -- always separate with a layer of cloth or paper if it's necessary to use that stuff for padding. There's a picture somewhere online of (IIRC) a black SG that's got straight-up polka dots all over it from bubble wrap shipping.

And at least a couple (of flattops) from right here, too.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This guitar looks to have had a neck reset. Man, this sale has been a problem from start to finish. At least it plays well and it sounds great. though it could probably do with a new nut.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
This guitar looks to have had a neck reset. Man, this sale has been a problem from start to finish. At least it plays well and it sounds great. though it could probably do with a new nut.
Wouldn't that be you, then?