Guitar Center in Falls Church, VA

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I assume you were unable to visit Action Music? https://actionguitar.com/

Looks like they have a 2017 D-40 and a 2018 D-55 in stock, both MIA. My experience has been their website doesn't always list everything in the store.

Visited Action Music about two hours ago.
They had five Guild 240s and, indeed, they did have a 2017 D40 and 2018 D55. I asked one of store personnel about the D55 and he says, "let's go get it and see if it is in tune." It was and no disappointment iin Oxnard's quality from me. Anyone interested in a new and great looking, sounding, and playing D55 there is one at Action Music in Falls Church,VA.

DrumBob

Reaction score
I would say, "Guitar Center is not where you want to buy a guitar" with very few exceptions.

Right. Why would you go into a GC in the first place to find a really nice acoustic guitar? You go to GC to buy Squiers, Epiphones and the occasional used gear.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
On my revisit to GC, I saw three Martin D 28s, two D 18s, and 2018 Epiphone Texan (made in Nashville). Had a tag on Texan that said "on sale for $999". And Texan was available to play which I did and headed average at best.
There was one Gibson SJ 200 for a mere $5200. The SJ 200 needed GC personnel to get it from under lock high out of reach. Cannot find fault with GC for that.
And still no used Guilds or USA Guilds.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...There was one Gibson SJ 200 for a mere $5200....

Heh. I'll put up my jumbo New Hartford F-50R against a Gibby SJ anytime, and it was less than $2,000 used in mint condition. (I guess I'd need a maple F-50 for a fair comparison. Maybe I'll get one of those too one day....)

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
And have lots of guitar money left over.
Guild maple is second to none.

JF-30

Reaction score
On my revisit to GC, I saw three Martin D 28s, two D 18s, and 2018 Epiphone Texan (made in Nashville). Had a tag on Texan that said "on sale for $999". And Texan was available to play which I did and headed average at best.
There was one Gibson SJ 200 for a mere $5200. The SJ 200 needed GC personnel to get it from under lock high out of reach. Cannot find fault with GC for that.
And still no used Guilds or USA Guilds.

I played a 2005 SJ-200 in Carter's Vintage when I was there last December. At $2500 used they can keep it. It wasn't that good.

bobouz

Reaction score

Stu, I can just about guarantee that the Texan was not made In Nashville. It was probably the Framptton model & made in Indonesia. As for GC in general, I’ve scored many great used buys there when they really didn’t know what they had. Doesn’t happen as much anymore, but once in awhile another gem slips through.

JF-30

Reaction score
Stu, I can just about guarantee that the Texan was not made In Nashville. It was probably the Framptton model & made in Indonesia. As for GC in general, I’ve scored many great used buys there when they really didn’t know what they had. Doesn’t happen as much anymore, but once in awhile another gem slips through.

Texans are going to be made in the states again but a '18 is made overseas. I think all the USA made Epi stuff is on up for order and not for sale yet.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Texans are going to be made in the states again but a '18 is made overseas. I think all the USA made Epi stuff is on up for order and not for sale yet.
Will make one more observatory trip before I leave and might be some surprise used guitars available.