Gibbys at GC

bobouz

Reaction score
As a footnote, my 91 y.o. mother passed away peacefully yesterday, she was not a very nice person but in some ways this guitar helps heal some old wounds.

The loss of a parent seems to be a complex thing for just about everyone. My dad passed away in 1959, prior to my eighth birthday. But my mom made it to 90 - a dear person who had survived the Nazi takeover of Greece during WWII (while losing both parents in her early teens).

One thing I'm always struck by is that in most cases, the further you go back in time, the harder it was to just get by in life.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
As a footnote, my 91 y.o. mother passed away peacefully yesterday, she was not a very nice person but in some ways this guitar helps heal some old wounds.
I'm sure we share some similar feelings. My mom was not a very nice person either. However nice she wasn't, I still pride myself on being a good son and working with my siblings to make sure she was well taken care of. Her passing was a relief to me, which sounds horrible but people who knew her certainly understood. Peace to you, my friend!! :encouragement:

Brucebubs

Reaction score
I'm sure we share some similar feelings. My mom was not a very nice person either. However nice she wasn't, I still pride myself on being a good son and working with my siblings to make sure she was well taken care of. Her passing was a relief to me, which sounds horrible but people who knew her certainly understood. Peace to you, my friend!! :encouragement:

Exactly the same here.
She was well looked after in her final years in an aged care facility, in fact we all think that level of care allowed her to live as long as she did.
In the end I'm glad she passed away in her sleep and did not suffer.
My sister said she looks at peace.

JF-30

Reaction score
I want a Dove even used there pricy. And I don't want electronics or the strap button installed on the neck.

bobouz

Reaction score
I want a Dove even used there pricy. And I don't want electronics or the strap button installed on the neck.
I'm with you on that one - Really don't like it when a strap button is pre-mounted anywhere in the vicinity of the heel (on an acoustic anyway). As for the Dove, I had one back in the '70s that was really quite nice (even with double-X bracing), but I'm not much of a square-shoulder dread guy, so not too tempted these days. However with that said, there was a minty looking Doves-In-Flight listed online for $3999 a few weeks ago that seriously put my mind on spin cycle!

JF-30

Reaction score
I'm with you on that one - Really don't like it when a strap button is pre-mounted anywhere in the vicinity of the heel (on an acoustic anyway). As for the Dove, I had one back in the '70s that was really quite nice (even with double-X bracing), but I'm not much of a square-shoulder dread guy, so not too tempted these days. However with that said, there was a minty looking Doves-In-Flight listed online for $3999 a few weeks ago that seriously put my mind on spin cycle!

The square shoulder Gibbys are the only ones I like. I could do a Hbird too. I was gonna trade my D-15M and 000-28 for one but the guy trading was unreasonable and I passed.