Guild Songbird

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would love to see a shootout between the Songbird, F65CE and Peregrine.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Coming from the Ovation camp, I find I have a soft spot for "stage" guitars. None of my Ovations are thin bodied, but I just like the ability to adjust the sound to fit the song or the environment. I'll probably have some sort of pickup installed in the D-55 or the F47R because of that. Either that or I play in the bathroom more. The "chair" isn't so comfy though.

So... the Songbird or Peregrine always gets my attention. I don't think I can swing one of Rick Turner's versions of the same sort of thing.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
GAD, yours is a beauty and that's the model I'd want with the barn-door access..... those big tall knobs sticking out make me crazy. I know, I know.... .short trip, but..... yeah. :encouragement:

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Me too! Send me an F65CE and a Peregrine and I'll make that happen. :emmersed:

I will if they jump to the front of the queue. Can’t let them sit unplayed for too long. Especially the Peregrine.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Party at Kurt's?

I've got the F65CE but somebody else will have to provide the Peregrine!

F-65CE-S.jpg

F-65CE-BB.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow! And I was excited for a party at Kurt's!

I've actually gotten better at getting the difficult stuff done in a couple of days. That's photographing, measuring, recording, and diagraming electronics (where applicable), then recording my notes about the guitar. That leaves writing which I've found is much easier when I have all of that stuff done. While I still have a huge review pile, I have something line 10 reviews just about ready to go, because it's amazing what you find editing something you haven't looked at in a couple of weeks.

In other words, I could easily turn around two guitars in a week, though publishing the review will take longer.

FWIW, I figured all of this out when I had the Crossroads Doubleneck and thought that I might have to return it within seven days.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Also you have to be OK with me turning screws so I can photograph/document the electronics. I would, of course, take full responsibility should I hurt the guitar.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's good enough. But you have to apologize to the guitar, not me.

A Clint Eastwood movie comes to mind.

Someone has to apologize to his mule - or else . . .

Reaction score
I have a Songbird that I purchased in 1991 from Sam Ash music. It's a black left-handed model and I was wondering how rare lefty Songbirds are.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bill, welcome to LTG. I'm gonna throw some terminology around and say that RARE is something that there's very few of. So in that sense, your guitar is rare as probably less than some minor percent are going to be lefty. May have been special order, but maybe not. However, in determining value where rare = valuable, you must also realize that lefty's have a very small audience and buying public. So that tempers your value as well. So it kind of ends up YES it's rare, and so is the customer base so what you end up with is a wash. So they'd probably be worth the same as a righty, if you can find someone to buy one. There may be that one or two lefties that are dying to get a Songbird and if yours is for sale..... then let 'em know. Beyond that, we'd love to see some photos. Those are super nice guitars!! Photos, please?

Reaction score
The guitar was a special order - can't remember why I ordered it in black since all the Songbirds that I'd seen were natural finish. I'll get some pictures posted in a few days.