LTG Shield Logo

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Does anyone have a graphics file of the LTG shield logo that's on some of the T-shirts?

Sal

Reaction score
I pulled these jpg files from the web. They are not the highest resolution but may do for your needs. I'll bet a request to Guild might get you a nice eps / vector file.

Guild_400x400.jpg

Guild_406x354.jpg

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, but I'm looking for a LTG logo, not a Guild logo.

Like the logo on my t-shirt in this pic (I'm the one that you can't see from space):

attachment.php

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks for alerting me via email, Al.

That particular image did not come from me, though I had considered using it back when I was (re)creating the Guild Smiley. Here is what I located in my archives ...

LTG-logo-v6.jpg

Note that the file name includes "v6", indicating (to me) it had already been through a few iterations.

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Chris, I still treasure the LMG sweatshirt that you made for me/us back then with the smiley. :) Rock on, buddy.

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Those are great memories, Charlie. I grew accustomed to my wife putting on her sweatshirt on cooler days. What will catch me by surprise, now and again, is someone stopping us to comment on it. Young people have been (re)acquainted with the brand and, in their eyes, us "old timers" take on some form of celebrity status.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

Janet also cherishes hers.

For the onlooker, as I recall the story made a number of sweatshirts (and buttons?) as gifts. He retroactively asked for permission to use trademarked material and he was given permission to give away (not sell) what he had made and asked not to do it again. Or something like that. The bottom line is that no more are available or will be produced.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
:highly_amused::highly_amused: He must've been thinking of another brand.......

No, was just thinking if no more are being made and you got it for nothing, then if the value skyrockets by thousands of percent you must be set to make a killing, right?
Think about it.
:biggrin-new:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
...He retroactively asked for permission to use trademarked material and he was given permission to give away (not sell) what he had made and asked not to do it again...

Actually...

In 2010 I had communicated directly with the Fender legal department (who owned the brand, at the time) informing them I wished to (re)create some Guild Smiley buttons to distribute to LTG/LMG members/attendees. I also told them I wished to tool a leather belt for my own personal use that featured Guild logos and trademarked Guild emblems, and asked if they had any issue with it.

Fender responded, granting me permission to pursue my endeavors with the understanding that any and all items I created were "not to be sold for profit." Since we were getting on so well, I asked if they had better artwork than I had scrounged off the Internet. They graciously provided me with high-res art, I made the buttons and shipped them off to the intended LTG recipients, and set about creating my favorite guitar strap of all time.

A little less than 2 years later I reached back out to the Fender legal team and asked if I could create shirts and sweatshirts to commemorate a "Let's Meet Guild" occasion. Fender granted me explicit permission to create and distribute the products, again with the understanding that any and all items were "not to be sold for profit."

The owner of the trademark retains the right to profit from the sale of collateral bearing protected marks. They can choose to be involved in the sales channel directly (via a company store) and/or indirectly (via contractual distribution agreements). They can issue cease and desist orders as well as (in my case) grant permission for non-profit usage.

For me, the point was to value and respect the rights of the owners while enjoying the promotion of the brand. And it all worked out just fine.