Grammy Awards-Tonight

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So, not sure if this has been posted but my apologies if it has.

I'm not usually a big fan of the Grammy's. Too much crap I could just care less about.

But tonight, Bonny Raitt will be playing her D 55 in a tribute to her buddy John Prine. I plan to tune in.

Bernie

Reaction score
Don't know much about American T.V., but just in case, is there a way to watch that for free online (I mean when not registered) ? I like Bonnie Riatt; she has a very nice touch and feel, especially when she plays slide guitar...And watching her playing her Guild live would be real cool...
But I don't have much hope though, coz in case it would be possible to watch her from here in Europe, it would be probably too late (or too early in the morning anyhow)...
Thanks for the info.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just wait a day or two then look for her performance on youtube. That's what I'm doing, because the past several years most of the show has been filled with everything except actual musicianship. It's easier to watch only those artists you want to within a few days.

walrus

JF-30

Reaction score
Didn't watch and don't care that musicians as well as actors pat themselves on the back and self congratulate with awards. I bet I know very few of the musicians preforming and nominated.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
A search for Bonnie Raitt Grammy turns up several links but they all just have a video of part of the performance.

https://twitter.com/TimothyS/status/1221648781021777920

Maybe YouTube have something in a couple days and then we can see if copyright claims keep it from being viewed outside of the US, in which case "we have ways..."

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
i get enuff rage infused politics on twitter, i do not need more of it :)

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm too restless to sit thru all the talking and posturing. Like others have mentioned, they don't spend a lot of time recognizing the music styles that I enjoy.

This showed up in my Facebook feed... Bonnie Raitt's performance (with what looks like a road worn F-50R):
A-yup, and that's not even her "baby" which has her name on the TRC and an F30 type bridge.
bonnie-raitt-plays-guitar-at-the-annual-esalen-benefit-concert-in-AE689N.jpg

JF-30

Reaction score
I saw pics of the so called musicians at work on the internet. Looked like it was Halloween and not a music event.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Great photo, Al. I wouldn't have noticed the F-30 style bridge if you hadn't pointed it out. Look's like a Sunrise soundhole pickup.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's the video you all have been waiting for! (Don't know why it won't show.)

[video]https://www.grammy.com/grammys/videos/bonnie-raitt-pays-tribute-john-prine-angel-montgomery-2020-grammys-performance?fbclid=IwAR3ugP0oi4SR3z9hy8UQb4ZSHuuqQ jW2UlY8iD2Gltq55uUSUi10b6-gwA4[/video]

EDIT: Oops! Somehow I missed that Sailing Shoes had already posted this! (Should probably read all the posts!)

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks! That is definitely the highlight of the show! IMHO perhaps the only one.

An actual musician and singer performing a great song in a beautiful solo performance.

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Here's the video you all have been waiting for! (Don't know why it won't show.)

[video]https://www.grammy.com/grammys/videos/bonnie-raitt-pays-tribute-john-prine-angel-montgomery-2020-grammys-performance?fbclid=IwAR3ugP0oi4SR3z9hy8UQb4ZSHuuqQ jW2UlY8iD2Gltq55uUSUi10b6-gwA4[/video]

Same one Sailingshoes posted, but still no D55....