My D25 Cherry hists 40 this year

bobdcat

Reaction score
I am still amazed how the vintage market ignores these great old Guilds, not that I'm complaining about how little I had to spend last year. $450.00 - same as it cost new in 1980. Still lots of life left for this old guy:

fGs1iur.jpg
h7VHBpi.jpg

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Love a D25.. Stand by one of the best sounding ones I have ever owned was a '79 D25 CH.. So warm, dark and loud.. Just really a great combination of tones.. Needed a neck reset and my luthier couldn't get the neck off.. Sold it to the same guy here in Rockwall who has my old D-30..

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Love a D25.. Stand by one of the best sounding ones I have ever owned was a '79 D25 CH.. So warm, dark and loud.. Just really a great combination of tones.. Needed a neck reset and my luthier couldn't get the neck off.. Sold it to the same guy here in Rockwall who has my old D-30..

That must be the one that started the myth about neck resets being impossible on Guilds.
:glee:

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm a neck whisperer, I just put them back through positive vibrations.

Worst case scenario is you end up with a guitar for slide?

After a year of playing acoustic, I've warmed up to higher action. That's where the tone is at. Back in about 1988, I got Robin Trower's autograph outside of a club between sets, and he said "Get your strings as high as you can Mate", and of course I didn't listen but he was right.

The higher the strings the better the tone.

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! Guild's old entry-level dread but one of the best sounding guitars they ever made. Great Bluegrass guitar - boomy bass, chimey highs. Mine is turning 44 this year, and still going strong. Been re-fretted a couple times, but the neck is solid as a rock.