Sheryl Crow and Guild Basses...

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That's a great article. Cool how the picture with Cash also has him playing a Guild.

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Who played on All I Wanna Do and The Na Na Song?
That was Dan Schwartz on a Guild M-85 semi-hollowbody.

Dan has noted that Sheryl liked the sound of his bass but did not really know enough about Guild history to look for a semi-hollow M-85 and instead ended up with the later, solid body version.

“Sheryl keeps the amp settings fairly flat, with the bass cut engaged, because her Guild pickups are loud and bottom-heavy.”

Those of us who are sometimes at a loss to find something nice to say about the Guild humbucker need to remember this.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Frono, I posted this in Misc instead of Bass because I was under the belief that Bass was more for Bass instruments instead of stories about Basses. Do I have that wrong?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those of us who are sometimes at a loss to find something nice to say about the Guild humbucker need to remember this.

Sheryl keeps the amp settings fairly flat, with the bass cut engaged, because her Guild pickups are loud and bottom-heavy.”

Or ex-girl/boyfriends.
<deadpan look>

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Frono, I posted this in Misc instead of Bass because I was under the belief that Bass was more for Bass instruments instead of stories about Basses. Do I have that wrong?
I think it'd be OK in "Bass" simply because of the tone discussion, on the other hand I think those comments are in there already.
Not that they're not worth the occasional repeat.

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up in the Bass section, Frono. I probably would've missed this thread without it since I only visit other sections sporadically.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

There aren't that many rules. I like it posted here because it is of interest to people who don't care about basses and it serves as a reminder that there are "famous people who play Guilds". You done good in finding and posting.