LTG: Under New Ownership

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow ! GAD that's great psst , the mods are after me sssshhhhh . Lol kidding
You all are pretty darn good at keeping things ship shape thank you and congrats again .
Ironically my other hang out forum might be doing the same .

I offered up to take helm and one other . I'm a practical guy and yeilded dibs to him because one he's younger which better for the site duration and other is he's already had his hand in some basic functions helping out .
If he decides not to follow through and owners kids don't step up ,you know kids .

Anyway if they fall through it'll be Good O'l RayK .

Yeah I know and see you all rolling eyes . Lmao
AL can't wait to hear from you ! Lol

Anyway all around good stuff congrats again Gad!
And thanks to all that's contributed ��

PS fix my question mark Emoji . Lol

Last edited:

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
Thanks for your services Don, and congratulations to GAD!

Though I may not contribute much to the community, I have always felt welcomed when I have. I can’t put a price on the knowledge I have gained from reading posts and having questions answered here (not to mention the smiles some have put on my face).

Glad things are keepin’ rollin’!

Dano

Reaction score
Many thanks guys! I don't post much, but visit often. (tho I need to spend more time on threads other than the "for-sale" threads. Later today I'll post about the 33-year old blonde I picked up last night! -- a 'verb purchase that never made it here)

Zelja

Reaction score
Congratulations & thanks to GAD for taking on the responsibility of stewardship of this fine place. Wishing you luck in your adventure! Thanks to all the moderators too who offer their time to keep thing son track & to all the posters who help in make LTG what it is.

Big shout out & many thanks to Don who started the site & kept it going for some many years.

We are lucky to have this small corner of the web and I am so GlAD it can continue.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm glad that this thread resurfaced because I completely missed this -- again, no surprise there.

Congratulations, GAD! And as always, thanks for your tireless work to keep this community going. You and, of course, thanks to you Don, who I should more accurately call now call our "Fearless Founder" for starting this place for Guild nutballs gather!

My gratitude to all you mods and admins too -- you know who you are. (y)

Midnight Toker

Reaction score
Annapolis Md A drinking town w/ a sailing problem!
Guild Total
Just wondering if it was the case here early on, as it was on a few forums I've been involved with. Back in the day's of limited/expensive bandwidth/storage, was this site, or it's earliest incarnations on an auto-prune setting? (save for pinned threads and the like) One forum I've been on for 20 odd years has lost SO much great stuff from it's early days due to threads being pruned. As younger/newer members joined, they'd say they "did a site search and couldn't find anything and couldn't believe such a well informed site hasn't covered this topic before but....". Nope. Been there, done that. Just lost in space. Sadly. I do my best to do a search before ever starting a new thread, but will understand if some of the longtime members might feel, "haven't we covered this already". I get it. But I don't miss the days of $25 250MB zipdrive carts either!:cautious: o_O Ever Onward, I say. Thanks GAD! Really nice place you've got here.(y)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just wondering if it was the case here early on, as it was on a few forums I've been involved with. Back in the day's of limited/expensive bandwidth/storage, was this site, or it's earliest incarnations on an auto-prune setting? (save for pinned threads and the like) One forum I've been on for 20 odd years has lost SO much great stuff from it's early days due to threads being pruned. As younger/newer members joined, they'd say they "did a site search and couldn't find anything and couldn't believe such a well informed site hasn't covered this topic before but....". Nope. Been there, done that. Just lost in space. Sadly. I do my best to do a search before ever starting a new thread, but will understand if some of the longtime members might feel, "haven't we covered this already". I get it. But I don't miss the days of $25 250MB zipdrive carts either!:cautious: o_O Ever Onward, I say. Thanks GAD! Really nice place you've got here.(y)

No prune. Here's the first post from 2005:

There was a forum of sorts before LetTalkGuild that, so far as I'm aware, is lost to the ravages of time, but every post from that first post on is here. Finding them can be sometimes be a challenge for various reasons, but they're here.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
No autoprune.

But there have been a couple of software upgrades that made links to older posts not work and hard to search for. Those get fixed gradually. The biggest source of information loss had been when a photo hosting service changed something and links to that service from before the change no longer work. ("changed something" can range from software to policy or users deciding to remove content). That is less frequent now that images can be uploaded to LTG.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The biggest source of information loss had been when a photo hosting service changed something and links to that service from before the change no longer work. ("changed something" can range from software to policy or users deciding to remove content).
In my case the "minus.com" imaging service shut doors over night around 2015 and all hosted pictures of all users were lost. They didn't inform users at all. The owners just disappeared. So many of my older LTG posts don't show the pictures anymore. I still have most of them on my PC but reworking old posts is a lot of work...so I only do this on demand or if a discussion comes up about something from the past (like the 2013/2014 NAMM threads).
Ralf

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In my case the "minus.com" imaging service shut doors over night around 2015 and all hosted pictures of all users were lost. They didn't inform users at all. The owners just disappeared. So many of my older LTG posts don't show the pictures anymore. I still have most of them on my PC but reworking old posts is a lot of work...so I only do this on demand or if a discussion comes up about something from the past (like the 2013/2014 NAMM threads).
Ralf
The loss of Ralf's informative and well-chronicled posts with the photos was one of the biggest hits this forum ever took!! And then those creeps at PhotoBucket dealt another healthy blow to our image history. So glad we have Gary and that our photos are hosted here now. This forum has never been better!! (y)(y)

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The loss of Ralf's informative and well-chronicled posts with the photos was one of the biggest hits this forum ever took!!
I would not see it as such a big issue as the posts are still here, just often without pictures. Whenever something came up about old posts I tried restoring them already. So all good.
Ralf