LTG: Under New Ownership

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just to add to the chorus; thanks to Don for running this freat site for so long, and thanks to GAD for stepping in and keeping it great. Long live LTG!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much Don for giving us the platform for having the fun that we had.

And, to all my mates from the good old days, blessings to you all.

Farewell, Gary

You can't leave without at least a parting shot of that custom built beer-cooler/playing stool.

Mark WW

Reaction score
Long time reader here. Not as much of a poster but thanks so much for this site Don and congrats to you GAD on this auspicious endeavor.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Tremendous thanks to Don for having created and maintained this magical space for all of us all these years, and to GAD, for having taken over as the new Head Digital Sorcerer :applouse::star::cool:...Peace, to everyone.

And to the 'other' Gary :kiwi-fruit: from down under...don't be a stranger, you're always welcome here.

And many thanks to the mods for herding cats all these years.:devilish:

Last edited:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank you so much Don for giving us the platform for having the fun that we had.

And, to all my mates from the good old days, blessings to you all.

Farewell, Gary

Going to miss ya!

CIMG3118.jpg

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
This site is one of the very few that I spend time on that actually helps me to be more knowledgeable about the Guild product line and guitars in general.

Thanks to everybody, past and present, who help make it what it is.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now that's the picture of the year! Excellent!
Ralf

A word of explanation for the newer members.

If I remember correctly, member "Hatted Frau" as a birthday present for his forum buddy Coastie99 (Gary), he asked everybody to take a photo of them doing their best Coastie99 impression. They were then all posted on his Birthday. (If I've got any of this wrong please correct me!)

This photo was my submission.

hideglue

Reaction score
Thank you, Don, for all the years. And thank you, GAD, for keeping the gears turning.

dbirchett

Reaction score
Thanks to Don and thanks to GAD for taking over the helm!

Yes, I was there pre-2005 when it was called Guild Pages Discussion Forum (or was that a different site not related to this one?). Anyway it was http://guildpages.aimoo.com/ with many of the same members as today. Honestly, it feels like a lifetime ago and I don't really remember much other than it had the same vibe and format as the board has today. It's a shame that all the posts from that board are lost in cyberspace.

If they are lost in space, do you think that Bill Mumy can retrieve them for us? Is he a member here?

dbirchett

Reaction score
Let me add my thanks to both GoG and GAD for what has been done and what will be done going forward. This is definitely a great place to spend time.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ah, man. Does that mean I can't use phpBB for my forum , now ? You made it sound SO last decade !

Welcome to the helm of the good ship Guild Crazy. It will never be on course, because the crew likes to veer more than any forum I've ever been on.

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Whenever the Forum goes down for whatever reason I really miss it and I'm always so glad when it comes back! LTG Withdrawal Syndrome! I may not be as active around here as I once was, but I check in and keep up every day. I really do care about you all and I'm so thankful to GAD, Don, the moderators, the members and the lurkers who make this place what it is.

' Strang

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
If they are lost in space, do you think that Bill Mumy can retrieve them for us? Is he a member here?
A childhood hero of mine, Mumy was actually caught up in a Wayback Machine vortex and popped out in my living room one day.

IMG_8026.jpg

Not sure how long it'll take 'im to be up to the mission but as you can see at least he's getting good training.

tjmangum

Reaction score
Many thanks to Don for giving birth to and nurturing this wonderful place all these years. And GAD thank you for taking on the stewardship going forward.
10 plus years ago I had 2 non Guild guitars and was trying to learn something about 12 strings. Needless to say, my hands have touched many, many Guilds since.
Cheers!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats GAD!! Very nice.. This is a great community and will continue to be under your umbrella.. Of this I have no doubt!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I knew this kid was going places..... well done Gary, congrats to you on the move.
Haven't been around much lately, but sure glad to see this place is the same well informed, relaxed, friendly and respectful (go find another one like that on the internets!) as it has always been.
Rock on children!