NGD

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cool! Looking forward to the full report when you get it. Congrats!

matsickma

Reaction score
Interesting that Guild initially released these as a less expensive Studio guitar for students. Initially they came with "Mickey Mouse" single coil pickups. Over time they evolved with Starfire features of humbuckers "hum cancelling" and HB1's, Guildsby, and some had a red mahogany finish, blond and even a deeper body 304 model.
One thing to check out is how well the Guildsby functions. I added one to a 302 model I owned years ago and the neck angle was too shallow.

One thing that is cool about these guitars is the thin full hollow body. Thinner than a SF3, but not semihollow like a SF 4. Kind of a like the Epi dot ( if my memory is correct). I always wanted one of those early SF5's that were full hollow. A famous guitarist from the UK played one. The Guild Studio model can cover that model.
Oh...first thing when you get it...flip the TRC around!

Great snag!
M

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice score! I saw that today and was immediately attracted to it. Love the devil horn double cutaway and bold burst.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh holy CRAP!! Richard, I wish I had enough talent and money to make something like this make sense..... WOW!!! I'm just wowed and glad that you got this.... If I can't have it, then richard should....... is that a good thing? I like it!! :encouragement:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard
Of all the guitars you have bought or sold in last 12 months, this one raises my heart rate quicker and my heart rate sustains longer than any guitar you have shared with us. Gosh-as warm looking as a bird dog (Pointer) puppy with his eyes closed. Just magnificent!!!!!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bert Weedon played his own model. It was a hollow double cut Starfire, basically.

matsickma

Reaction score
Ah...yes..Bert Weedon. I had not hear of him prior to Hans Bible becoming available. However I had since learned that many of the British Invasion guitarist got inspiration from his playing.
M

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's sweet!

jy5lhid1nyemkjstuh2t.jpg

mxubzeuy4oryhrf3azwz.jpg

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard, you are my hero! Your guitar acquisitions are fun for all of us here. I’ll bet that plays like a dream. Looking forward to your report on this one.

bobouz

Reaction score
Reminds me of a Gibson Barney Kessel.

Very cool - Congrats!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Yep, Barney Kessel for sure. I really like Florentine double-cutaways. Great to see these guitars can be found.

-Dave-