1970 Guild F-512 Brazilian Rosewood w/ F-612 Inlays

taylorj

Reaction score
Hi y'all. So glad I shared this guitar here, really appreciate the great conversations and interest in such a rare and unusual Guild. Just wanted to give you all an update... after much deliberation, I have decided to keep this guitar. Just can't quite bring myself to part with such a special instrument. Again, thanks for inquiring and sorry to disappoint any interested buyers. Will try to get a video or audio recording of the guitar posted here so you can hear it.

tailsawaggin

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Butch

Reaction score
Guild really did do some crazy things back then. I have an F512 that has Brazilian sides and an Indian rosewood back. it also has the F612 position markers as well as a dark overlay on the back of the headstock extending down into the neck. The angle of the head stock is also different than on my 2 other F512's or my F612.

F312

Reaction score
Guild really did do some crazy things back then. I have an F512 that has Brazilian sides and an Indian rosewood back. it also has the F612 position markers as well as a dark overlay on the back of the headstock extending down into the neck. The angle of the head stock is also different than on my 2 other F512's or my F612.

We need to see this.

Ralph

taylorj

Reaction score
Hi y'all... bumping this thread to let you all know that I am once again offering this guitar for sale. I had hoped I could afford to keep it, but due to all my tour dates being cancelled because of COVID-19, I'm sadly forced to part with this magnificent instrument. Would love for it to end up with an LTG member. Here's a link to the FS thread...

Reaction score
Guild Total
I am the original owner of the exact same era as yours. 1970. Mine has original diamond inlays on the bridge as well.

I wrote George who is a friend about it after the article

Attachments

• GUILDS DAN AND SHANE B.jpg
    GUILDS DAN AND SHANE B.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 200
  • Guild Family guitars 002.JPG
    Guild Family guitars 002.JPG
    388.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Guild Family guitars 006.JPG
    Guild Family guitars 006.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Guilds a.jpg
    Guilds a.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 205

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I am the original owner of the exact same era as yours. 1970. Mine has original diamond inlays on the bridge as well.

I wrote George who is a friend about it after the article
Welcome to a great guitar forum and more knowledgeable members here than you could hope to find anywhere else.
And what a first post - two seriously beautiful guitars with the 512 being a holy grail in many eyes.

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank you Stuball48 and GGJaguar!! Thanks for the add!!

The other guitar is my sister's 1972 F-47 ..... both were bought from Manny's in that era new.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thank you Stuball48 and GGJaguar!! Thanks for the add!!

The other guitar is my sister's 1972 F-47 ..... both were bought from Manny's in that era new.
I wasn't sure what your sister was playing--but did know it was niiiice!

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Yablonka. Great pair of Guilds. That F512 is definitely special but that F47 is a great guitar as well.

CLMacPherson

Reaction score
Guild Total
Great write up on a wonderful guitar. I bet it sounds every bit as good as it looks!