Uploading Photos is now Allowed

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
FWIW I took the "non-Guild" rule out. It seemed like a good idea last night but this morning not so much. Keep it clean and don't abuse it is really the rule.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm OK with that. The existing standard was "does it bother/offend the moderators?" and that can still apply, especially if you can disable hosting here and displaying elsewhere. [ ... ]

Yes. Pictures should have the same rules as posts, IMO.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's what I'm getting now in Chrome. I'm off to Physical Therapy for some torture, and then to see my bro who had a messy and very problematic quadruple bypass over a month ago. Once I get home later I'll try the same photos and see how it all works out. Gotta run but I'm getting the correct screen now. More to come...... :encouragement:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bursts.jpg

Yeah, it works!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Okay I deleted and I'm starting over.

Guitar Sleeve.jpg

Homemade Summer Guitar Sleeve!!

Okay, so when the photo was upright, I posted from my computer and it rotated it left 90 degrees. So I went into my computer and rotated the photo right 90 degrees and saved it. Yet, when I do then it posts it rotated to the right, exactly the way it is on my computer. So what am I doing wrong?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

Guitar Sleeve.jpg

Okay, so when the photo was upright, I posted from my computer and it rotated it left 90 degrees. So I went into my computer and rotated the photo right 90 degrees and saved it. Yet, when I do then it posts it rotated to the right, exactly the way it is on my computer. So what am I doing wrong?

Dunno. I just rotated my laptop and you look fine.

Seriously this happened once or twice in Moderator testing but never figured it out nor asked for a fix.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guitar Sleeve.jpg
I don't see the problem.
Isn't sideways your normal mode?
( :tongue-new: )

(fwiw I think it may be embedded in the display code for your phone, might embed itself in the stored image file when it's a pic taken with the phone?
Recall about a couple of years when I asked my GF to record me in "landscape mode" the videos came out sideways?
The only fix was to process 'em through a video editor.
Maybe photos need to be processed through something like Photoshop to set the "mode"?)

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score

Guitar Sleeve.jpg

Same here.

Ralph

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Al is correct, and I have this problem all the time with phone pics. The trick I use is to load it into photoshop, rotate the way you want, then change the size ever so slightly. This forces the photo to have the orientation rewritten.

FWIW, many sites like imgur, photobucket, and the like strip all the EXIF info, so the orientation markers get removed and it works more smoothly.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Okay, that helps!! I use Irfan View for my photo editing, but I left out the resize step. Lemme see what happens.....

Guitar Sleeve.jpg

Yup! Re-oriented the photo and then changed the dimensions a little bit and it seems to work. I'm good. And upright for a change. Lordy, I'm sick of this photo now!!

beecee

Reaction score
vhgy5uxotv3robhmvl44.jpg

well that was easy......

Thank you Gary