Say it ain't so Joe...

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I could have told you the Astros were stealing signs...just too many strings of productive at bats were it sure seemed to me they knew what pitch was coming.

Hinch suspended and fired, now Cora with the Sox. Ouch!

JF-30

Reaction score
Astro's the new Patriots. Different sports but you get the gist.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So the only way to beat the Dodgers in the WS is to cheat? The Astros BA at home during the ‘17 series was 50 points higher. MLB should have revoked their title.
I know there’s a lot of Red Sox fans on this site, no disrespect to you intended, but, for me, they’re now the Black Sox.
I can’t wait till inter league play brings one (or both) teams to Dodger Stadium....

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So the only way to beat the Dodgers in the WS is to cheat? The Astros BA at home during the ‘17 series was 50 points higher. MLB should have revoked their title.
I know there’s a lot of Red Sox fans on this site, no disrespect to you intended, but, for me, they’re now the Black Sox.
I can’t wait till inter league play brings one (or both) teams to Dodger Stadium....

Just an FYI, check the story. Regular season only. Not excusing it, but it was not happening in the playoffs or World Series.

I'm glad I don't watch baseball.

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Just an FYI, check the story. Regular season only. Not excusing it, but it was not happening in the playoffs or World Series.

Job interview question they forgot to ask Cora: "So, have you ever cheated before?"

walrus

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Job interview question they forgot to ask Cora: "So, have you ever cheated before?"

walrus
MLB’s investigation into th Sox hasn’t been completed. The other shoe will drop later.

JF-30

Reaction score
Teams from NE never cheat ask Belichek.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
MLB’s investigation into th Sox hasn’t been completed. The other shoe will drop later.

It will be interesting. I find it odd they have yet to say they are upset with Cora. One wonders if a deal was made. "We'll let you go, we'll say it's sad and you were great, and you promise not to rat anyone else out in the Sox management."

walrus

F312

Reaction score
“If you can't win the game, you have to cheat.”

Ralph

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
It will be interesting. I find it odd they have yet to say they are upset with Cora. One wonders if a deal was made. "We'll let you go, we'll say it's sad and you were great, and you promise not to rat anyone else out in the Sox management."

walrus
It could very well be. I think the Sox are just trying to get out in front of a coming scandal.
Teams were warned about this, and told managers and GM’s would be held responsible. It is going to get interesting.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
now that sports gambling is a legal, legitimate thing, major league sports are basically over for me. just happy i was alive early enough to at least catch a bunch of classic Islander vs. Ranger games, before everything became such a "fantasy." Arena football, the Olympics, and anything generally Canadian in nature...are what my future looks like. i'd rather watch wrestling with my 7 y/o nephew than some point shaving disaster.

As for baseball, (and football) just make videoing and spying the signs legal for all, that would solve that issue and level out the field. gambling will ruin this game, and basically every other game- not cheating.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hard to believe any professional team could not come up with a set of signals the opposition could not steal. Surely the players and coaches are capable of having more than one set of signals
Agree with mavuser--steal them if you can.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
The Padres shoulda stolen this signal in the '84 Series, because the Tigers' catcher, Lance Parrish, thought they were going to intentionally walk the Padres batter so he stepped up out of the zone but Aurelio Lopez (Senor' Smoke) wasn't planning on a pitch-out. He drilled a fastball right down the middle, and the ump took it right to the groinal area. We were watching the game live and my buddy said "Man, that was the pitch felt 'round the world."