Shipping Inquiries Per Purchases

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
To be clear, I was certainly not referring to you. I was referring to the lousy population of both buyers and sellers (and it is quite large)
Having been a car salesman in a previous life, I used t get asked "Doesn't it burn you out to have to lie to people all the time?"
To which I replied: "You can't lie to people and expect a sale to stick, the law won't allow it. What really burned me out is all the buyers that lied to me!"
Suspect it's just as true today as it was then, if not more so, with the rise of the "entitled" generation and its fertilization on social media platforms.

wileypickett

Reaction score
And I'm sure it couldn't hurt to ask Glenn (Wileypickett) what he's got on the block!
:friendly_wink:

Guilds sold in the past couple months: Westerly D25 flatback, Hoboken D35, Hoboken D40, and one of my DV52s. There are two others that I'm currently in discussion about. My JV72 went to an LTGer last year, in an excellent transaction.

So, that only leaves me with about 30 more to go! (To be clear, I'm not clearing out ALL my Guilds -- there are several I'd be hardpressed to let go of for love or money.)

If anyone in the vaguely New England-ish area is curious, let me know what you're after and I'll check the inventory!

Glenn

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Having been a car salesman in a previous life, I used t get asked "Doesn't it burn you out to have to lie to people all the time?"
To which I replied: "You can't lie to people and expect a sale to stick, the law won't allow it. What really burned me out is all the buyers that lied to me!"

To veer, my stereotype of the "lying car salesman" is more about sins of omission. You know the transmission has a problem that was fixed with sawdust but you don't tell me unless I ask. You suspect a car was in a flood but you investigate no further because I ask about flood damage then you can look me in the eye and honestly say I don't know. No need to defend the profession because I know the stereotypes are not universal but my opinions were formed when car sales were all about information that the salesperson had that the customer didn't. Hard to get past that ;-)