Westerly F47ce built in 2000 in excellent condition plus many more guild acoustics!

blakeb2193

Reaction score
Hello Guild Lovers,

I wanted to share a link to my newest listing that i just posted on Reverb. Feel free to message me with any questions, requests, or offers. I would prefer to sell off of Reverb since the fees and sales tax has gotten so high. I would love to see this one go to a LTG member.

https://reverb.com/item/31140137-gu...t-condition-f47ce-guild-acoustic-guild-guitar

Also, I will be posting a number of nice guilds for sale over the next week. Here is a list of the models I will be offering. 87 D30, 1970 D40, 80s GF30, Westerly DCE3, Westerly G312 (D50-12), Westerly JF30-12, DV62, 72 D50, and two Nashville Custom Shop models. My F44 maple, and a blonde Valencia.I will probably end up keeping one CS and selling the other. Thanks for looking

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello Guild Lovers,

I wanted to share a link to my newest listing that i just posted on Reverb. Feel free to message me with any questions, requests, or offers. I would prefer to sell off of Reverb since the fees and sales tax has gotten so high. I would love to see this one go to a LTG member.

https://reverb.com/item/31140137-gu...t-condition-f47ce-guild-acoustic-guild-guitar

Also, I will be posting a number of nice guilds for sale over the next week. Here is a list of the models I will be offering. 87 D30, 1970 D40, 80s GF30, Westerly DCE3, Westerly G312 (D50-12), Westerly JF30-12, DV62, 72 D50, and two Nashville Custom Shop models. My F44 maple, and a blonde Valencia.I will probably end up keeping one CS and selling the other. Thanks for looking

whoa! i am going to keep an eye on the FS/ST section then as these are all great models...

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't NEED any of them ! But the G312 might be interesting. Just to so, you know. For a friend.

blakeb2193

Reaction score
Hey John, I passed on the G312 after getting a good set of pics. The saddle was too low in my opinion. If you want to check it out look on craigslist tacoma, washington. It was listed for 850 and the seller is willing to ship it.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hey John, I passed on the G312 after getting a good set of pics. The saddle was too low in my opinion. If you want to check it out look on craigslist tacoma, washington. It was listed for 850 and the seller is willing to ship it.

Blake that don't mean nothin' without an alignment check and unless the bridge itself is already less than about 9/32" tall at height of crown, that could indicate shaved bridge which will even fool an alignment check.
Lots of people will lower the saddle on a 12-string just to make 'em a little easier to play.
Also Hans has mentioned there was period in Guild's history when their bridges were in fact a bit lower than the norm, sometime in '70's "IIRC" (I forget exactly when); but that's also the G312 build era.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I reached out to the G312 seller yesterday. We have a tentative deal waiting for him to confirm some pics and shipping.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Blake that don't mean nothin' without an alignment check and unless the bridge itself is already less than about 9/32" tall at height of crown, that could indicate shaved bridge which will even fool an alignment check.
Lots of people will lower the saddle on a 12-string just to make 'em a little easier to play.
Also Hans has mentioned there was period in Guild's history when their bridges were in fact a bit lower than the norm, sometime in '70's "IIRC" (I forget exactly when); but that's also the G312 build era.

Agreed Al. I've come across and bought several nice Guilds where the saddle was way too low in my opinion. But, the neck angle was actually good, or at least acceptable to me. I just had my Luthier cut me a new bone saddle ($75) to get the saddle height to where it works for me. Low saddle isn't always a show stopper I've found.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nice. Don't think I have ever seen a hog b/s F-47.. Only maple or rw..

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Don't think I have ever seen a hog b/s F-47.. Only maple or rw..

F47's were introduced w/ hog bodies as replacement for F40, ca '64.
:friendly_wink:
The "R" and "M" versions came about when the F47ce was introduced in late Westerly, I think.
Can't recall seeing any "R" or "M" F47's prior to that, although the GF series had all 3 tonewoods.
(Mods: Apologies, forgot this was in "F/S-F/T", edit if you feel appropriate)