You know you've got too many guitars when..........

beecee

Reaction score
You know you've got too many guitars when..........

You're buying a new (smaller), house.

Yikeees, we were concentrating more on the fenced in yard for our 3 dogs than a spot for moi.

It has a walk out basement which is totally built out. Outside of the shelving in the laundry room and loft in garage there ain't a room for "me".

beecee

Reaction score
I think Richard has him beat...…..

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
My kids drum instructor knew a guy who did movie scores and had lots of guitars. Some old and rare. He has a warehouse in the local mountains to keep the ones he didn't need that often. He has...wait for it.... 800+ guitars.

I knew a guy here outside of Charlottesville, VA who passed away almost two years ago, and had over 700 guitars. He'd buy all kinds in all kinds of conditions, get them fixed up at my luthier (Bishop Stern, a great and competent luthier) and go to guitar shows and sell 'me. Sometimes he'd come home with 100k!

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What is too many guitars?

I'm finding that I'm having a hard time letting go of any guitars which was the deal I made with myself before buying some acoustic guitar, that I would sell some really nice high dollar electrics. I spent two days comparing two vintage Strats, thinking I'd keep one but only to fall in love with both of them...

At this point, if I don't buy any other guitars, then it's the same as me getting rid of some?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
What is too many guitars?

I'm finding that I'm having a hard time letting go of any guitars which was the deal I made with myself before buying some acoustic guitar, that I would sell some really nice high dollar electrics. I spent two days comparing two vintage Strats, thinking I'd keep one but only to fall in love with both of them...

At this point, if I don't buy any other guitars, then it's the same as me getting rid of some?

Right.
Start counting the ones you didn't buy, kinda like counting calories.

lungimsam

Reaction score
Guild Total
I dont like owning too many axes cuz i feel like i dont spend enuff time with each to get to “know” them.
So for now I have 1 blue flower strat, my Dad’s (dec.) 8-string electric, my Guild Starfire bass, 4003 bass, blu flower Pbass, and Gibson LPJRDC bass.
I pretty much play only the Starfire and 4003.
Looking forward to the Gibson after I tame the fret sprout.