You know you've got too many guitars when..........

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So, I put my list out on this forum recently of several electrics I would offer up. I've done a few trades to take care of some of it and still have several more to go. One I listed was a '65 SF 111. I received some requests for info on the guitar so I went to pull it out to go thru it. Unfortunately, it wasn't there.. I searched my main music room three different times, both spare bedrooms, my 2nd music room, etc. etc. No SF 111 anywhere. Now, it's hard for me to believe someone would break in here and just steal one guitar. I wouldn't if I were a thief.

Well, lo and behold, I called my Luthier to go over a few things and he mentioned the SF 111 was up there (along with a few others), set up, and ready to go. So, I feel pretty happy now except I'm now wondering if the whole thing is because I have too many guitars to keep track of or whether my senility is advancing faster than I had hoped. Either way I guess it's o.k. I'm still breathing and playing guitars regularly and I gotta believe that has to be a good thing, right????

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dang, I'm down to one Guild now, and I haven't forgotten about any!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I keep a lot of guitars in climate-controlled storage (my house isn't that big and would be overrun with them otherwise) and sometimes get caught out when I have a late-night urge to play one, only to discover it isn't at hand. But after trying out lotsa different brands and models over the past three years, sometimes multiple examples of the same model, I've satisfied that particular itch. So at least the stash won't be getting any bigger! :)

-Dave-

F312

Reaction score
In your 'case" Richard, as long as you keep looking, you'll keep finding...

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm still breathing and playing guitars regularly and I gotta believe that has to be a good thing, right????

As long as you remember to keep the priorities straight.
Myself, for example, I don't need a post-it note to remind me to play the guitar, like I do for that other thing.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dang, I'm down to one Guild now, and I haven't forgotten about any!

me too. but i have forgot all of the others. :) wait, didn't i own a D50 recently? or was it a D35?

see what i mean?

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard:
Think what a great feeling it was and the smile, reflecting on your face, from your heart when your luthier said, "your Starfire lll is ready along with couple others." Made me smile with you. You d man.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm sure you're fine, Richard. If you were senile, you'd be on the Fender forum right now, wondering why!

walrus

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm glad you found the SFV Richard!

My place has been getting a bit like that lately, and I really do need to thin the herd. It's a real first world problem when they're all so good that you don't know which one to sell.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Richard... I'd be happy to help you out! There's a couple of dreads you have that I wouldn't mind trying out... too long a drive or I'd consider coming for a visit!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My kids drum instructor knew a guy who did movie scores and had lots of guitars. Some old and rare. He has a warehouse in the local mountains to keep the ones he didn't need that often. He has...wait for it.... 800+ guitars.

Antney

Reaction score
Richard, same thing happened to me this year. At the time I had about 9 really nice ones, each a different tone, and I went to look for the really bright one, couldn’t find it anywhere. Called my son, he didn’t take it or see it when he was home. Looked for three days, and you know where I found it...rattling around inside my d50.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's always nice when you open a case and take out a guitar you haven't seen in a while...

the interesting fun fact re Richard, is if he did what you suggest once a day, it would take him 17 days to get thru his acoustic Guilds.

17. :)