NGD-GF 30

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Still amazes me that the current Guild lineup foresakes this entire classic F40/F30 format.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Still amazes me that the current Guild lineup foresakes this entire classic F40/F30 format.
There have been intimations from a party I put a lot of credibility in that the F30 at least is intended.
And since they recently recovered the endorsement of Doyle Dykes, a real GA body may be in the works, too,
His New Hartford Doyle Dykes models were based on the New Hartford F47, albeit those had a slightly longer scale than the 25-5/8 Guild standard.
Anyway, it keeps my hopes alive.

GF60

Reaction score
Guild Total
Richard, That is one very beautiful guitar. And at a wonderful price! Congratulations on snagging a nice guitar!

wdboland

Reaction score
Nice sang, and the price. Back when I was buying my first Guild, I wanted a GF-30. I found a shop that had a JF-30 and ended up buying it. Always regretted not finding a GF model. The JF has always felt a little big.

Again very nice, enjoy it

Grassdog

Reaction score
Congrats on the GF-30 Richard. That one is very clean and it's truly a gem of a guitar for that price (or any price really). I think you're gonna like it more and more as time passes. I have one of these and while mine is all covered with finish checking and nicks/scratches (I used to gig with it), it hasn't needed a set-up or even a tweak to the truss rod for over 10 years now. So comfortable to hold and play - neck is perfect - and sounds sweeter with age. Enjoy that baby.