NGD-GF 30

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've always wanted to try one of these models out but never had the chance. This one came up on Ebay last night at what I thought to be a pretty attractive price so I decided to buy it. PayPal Credit also has a 24 month interest free financing promotion going on and that's usually a pretty good incentive for me. I always prefer to use other folks money whenever I can. Anyway, here is the link. I think you'll be able to still see the pics.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guild-GF30...zqGCt71ReM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh that's a good score Richard! I saw that one pop up on Reverb as well. Interestingly his eBay BIN price was better than his Reverb price (which is still showing as available by the way). It looks really pretty and I'm especially digging that neck. I'm a sucker for fancy grained maple. Hopefully it all checks out, but at that price I don't think you can go wrong. I've been thinking about that model myself for down the road to add some maple into the mix. Let us know what you think of it.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
PayPal Credit also has a 24 month interest free financing promotion going on

To veer only slightly I have a friend who bought a guitar intending to take advantage of that and was so excited by the purchase that they ended up charging it to their credit card (which was not offering interest free financing). Kept the guitar anyway.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
To veer only slightly I have a friend who bought a guitar intending to take advantage of that and was so excited by the purchase that they ended up charging it to their credit card (which was not offering interest free financing). Kept the guitar anyway.

Yup, ya gotta check the right box.

tommym

Reaction score
Regarding the GF30, does anyone recall what the depth of the body is at the lower bout?

Thanks,

Tommy

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Regarding the GF30, does anyone recall what the depth of the body is at the lower bout?

Thanks,

Tommy
Spec was nominal 5" deep according to '90 catalog pg. 8 but have seen comments indicating they tended to run shallower:
https://www.gad.net/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Guild-1990-Catalog.pdf
Also recall that due to variations in depth of body bucks in Westerly, it was possible for any given guitar to be as much as 1/4" of plus/minus spec depth. and therefor possible for 2 pieces even from the same run to vary by as much as 1/2" of total tolerance variance.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A beautiful guitar Richard. The neck reminds me of the vintage muzzle loading rifles with Tiger striping.
And true to your word, the Maple still seems to be your favorite Guild.
Congratulations on a humdinger.

Bernie

Reaction score
Yep, that's real maple...And that was quick too, Richard :rugby: Congrats. Seems to be a nice guitar at a very good price...

bobouz

Reaction score
Looks like some great potential with that one!

Please do give us an update down the road.

tommym

Reaction score
Spec was nominal 5" deep according to '90 catalog pg. 8 but have seen comments indicating they tended to run shallower:
https://www.gad.net/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Guild-1990-Catalog.pdf
Also recall that due to variations in depth of body bucks in Westerly, it was possible for any given guitar to be as much as 1/4" of plus/minus spec depth. and therefor possible for 2 pieces even from the same run to vary by as much as 1/2" of total tolerance variance.

Thanks for the info....

Tommy

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, I've had some time to play around on this one now and I will say that without a doubt it is a really fine Guild Maple guitar. Nice and fresh/crisp but not at all "tinny". Very resonant and a surprising amount of volume as well. This might be one of my better buys in the last couple years.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
killer deal for 750 too!

great quote:

"This might be one of my better buys in the last couple years."

that is really saying something.

Last edited:

Bernie

Reaction score
Well, I've had some time to play around on this one now and I will say that without a doubt it is a really fine Guild Maple guitar. Nice and fresh/crisp but not at all "tinny". Very resonant and a surprising amount of volume as well. This might be one of my better buys in the last couple years.
Glad to hear you've got that one now : had been thinking of asking if you hadn't forgotten you ordered this one too :smile-new: - on this other thread about your Srafire III...(wasn't quite sure of its name yet)...
Nice to hear it's good too. I've got an F-30; it has lots of sound for the size as well...Has a deeper body than a regular OM it pretty much looks like...
Enjoy !