Server Move

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Knowing other members' guitar inventories is actually a valuable resource for me

On the other hand there are urban myths with some truth behind them that such lists are also used by thieves so there are definitely choices to be made.

Maybe there should be a discussion elsewhere on how LTG members who want to do so, can share inventory in a searchable fashion? Feel free to start a thread.

F312

Reaction score
Just for kicks and giggles I had all my Guilds listed in my signature once. It was a bit obnoxious so I removed them. (People were also complaining about having to scroll so much to get through my posts!)

In your case, you could just list the guitars you don't have.

Ralph

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I try to keep my list as short as possible which is definitely a challenge. I've also thought about removing it. The big deal for me is that it can much up search responses when done through google.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Knowing other members' guitar inventories is actually a valuable resource for me, and I have received several inquiries from other members who have seen mine and have questions about particular models.

Perhaps there is a way to hide or minimize signatures. Wouldn't that address this issue?

Also, making signatures searchable would be helpful.

Signatures can be hidden in user Settings, General Settings.

Searching sigs is not something that I can add at this time.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

Problem solved for those who don't like to view large signatures. For me, personally, it enhances the user experience to see other LTGers' inventory.

It also stimulates private trades and sales within our community.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
For me, personally, it enhances the user experience to see other LTGers' inventory.
Yes, many times I've been able to better understand a member's comments from seeing their inventory.
Never had it conflict with a google search but rarely search by model alone, usually searching to confirm my memory of a post(s) with info about a build detail or process.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
As GAD's signature (and others) has shown above, simply using some horizontal space, instead of a vertical list, can help with this issue. And it still gives a nice look at someone's inventory, if anyone wants to ask questions or contact the owner.

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

That hides other people's signatures when I view their posts. That helps the people who complain about the length of someone else's sig but it doesn't help those who want to read it. Still, a good setting to know about if you need to eliminate GAS inducing sources for a while.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That hides other people's signatures when I view their posts. That helps the people who complain about the length of someone else's sig but it doesn't help those who want to read it. Still, a good setting to know about if you need to eliminate GAS inducing sources for a while.

Yeah - I've been on a lot of forums where people complain about sigs, and on my Newf forum we originally allowed people to put pics of their dogs in their sigs but had to put a stop to that because it got unbearable.