NGD D 60 Rosewood

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wasn't really looking to add something like this but I owned a couple in the past and they were really nice Guilds. Plus, even though the shipping from the UK is a bit high the overall price seemed good to me so I bought it.

Here's a link where I think you'll be able to see some pics. Looks like a nice electronics system on this one. The seller was really a good guy, very helpful, very polite (lie I've found most British folks to be) and very informative. I'll have to check out the belly below the bridge when it arrives but I have a couple Bridge Doctors available if I determine it needs some help.

https://reverb.com/item/30751985-guild-d60-nt-1989-natural

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, great pick-up, Richard! And like you say, at a great price! Congrats!

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks pretty clean Richard. Very classy too - gorgeous top, ebony neck and bridge, tasteful inlays and not all blinged out. Great score, congrats!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard
Such a beautiful Rosewood. Anxious for it to arrive and your report. I see, only, a magnificent Dred. Congratulations.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check out the belly below the bridge when it arrives but I have a couple Bridge Doctors available if I determine it needs some help.
If it's the "bump" that is defined by the little highlight visible coming from the end of bridge on the treble side in the fist pic, that looks like the "as built" hump we've explained to new owners before.
All 3 of mine have it.
The real "tell" of a problem is if there's a significant dip between the bridge and soundhole.
Since seller says it doesn't appear to affect bridge/saddle height I'm betting it's just the normal "bridge hump".
Also seller is apparently blissfully unaware of that significant truss rod cover disorientation.
:friendly_wink:

PS Nii-i---ce!!!
And I think you might be the first guy here to be able to take advantage of the new relaxed regs for international sales of rosewood instruments!

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about that fretboard separation at the F fret as small as it is. Nice score, enjoy.

Ralph

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
If it's the "bump" that is defined by the little highlight visible coming from the end of bridge on the treble side in the fist pic, that looks like the "as built" hump we've explained to new owners before.
All 3 of mine have it.
The real "tell" of a problem is if there's a significant dip between the bridge and soundhole.
Since seller says it doesn't appear to affect bridge/saddle height I'm betting it's just the normal "bridge hump".
Also seller is apparently blissfully unaware of that significant truss rod cover disorientation.
:friendly_wink:

PS Nii-i---ce!!!
And I think you might be the first guy here to be able to take advantage of the new relaxed regs for international sales of rosewood instruments!

I like to buy Guilds with the TRC issues just to get you guys worked up. (just kidding-at some point I'll change it but that doesn't really bother me in the least). I did check with him on the CITES potential issue and he explained it all to me clearly so I'm confident there will be no issue on this one. We'll see I guess.

Bonneville88

Reaction score
Guild Total
"congrats" letters on my keyboard are wearing out because of you, Richard :highly_amused:
Nice score among the many!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I tend to go in spurts this time of year. Maybe I'm thinking back too much on the many Christmases with my folks and all the great gifts they were somehow able to afford. I do miss them a lot.

I think only two more on the horizon but not sure they'll work out and if they do, I may have to unretire and go back to work. Nah, maybe sell a body part. We shall see I guess.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I tend to go in spurts this time of year. Maybe I'm thinking back too much on the many Christmases with my folks and all the great gifts they were somehow able to afford. I do miss them a lot.

I think only two more on the horizon but not sure they'll work out and if they do, I may have to unretire and go back to work. Nah, maybe sell a body part. We shall see I guess.
Good luck finding the two more and they must be special. Is one still the DV74?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Nah, maybe sell a body part. We shall see I guess.

The last time I decided to sell a body part it wasn't too tough to select one that was getting the least use, so I still have all my fingers, toes, internal organs, and the backup for the one I sold.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The last time I decided to sell a body part it wasn't too tough to select one that was getting the least use, so I still have all my fingers, toes, internal organs, and the backup for the one I sold.

LMAO! Assuming I know what you are talking about, you only need one anyway!

walrus

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, my D 60 RW arrived yesterday from the UK. I paid for it late last Fri. afternoon and it was here in the States on Monday. It got hung up in Customs for a day but it's here now. I really like the fast shipping/turn around time and the seller was wonderful to deal with. I'm assuming it came by air. I doubt they could have gotten here this fast driving one of their brown trucks.

I've had a couple of these in the past along with several Maple D 60's (no Maple as of now but you never know). This is a really fine sounding guitar even with what I suspect are light gauge strings which will get replaced pretty soon. Still trying to figure out the fancy electronics on this one but I likely won't be plugging in often with this one. My old F 40, my F 50, F 50R and the F 47 RCE I recently received are now my main go to guitars when I need to plug in. All is well in Barton City and Merry Christmas to me.