I Promise Pics

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
After the F-47 Special shows up, I promise to post pics of my new acquisitions: D-30, D-60, D-50 and F-47. I'm glad my wife is NOT a member of LTG! How do I transact this? The 1934 Epiphone Royal + vintage DeArmond 1000 + Monkey Stick are on their way to Archtop.com soon, and I'm taking the D-30 with me to India, if the retailer from whom I bought the Visesnut Flight case ever actually delivers it to me! If I leave the D-30 in India for later use, when my wife and I return next May to Charlottesville, there will be magically five guitars in the house! Or, could I sneak the Epiphone by her without noticing? I wish myself luck, if I go that route!

Here are the pics of FIVE Guilds just acquired:the first one is of the 1994 D-60 and 2001 D030. The second one is of the 1965 D-50, 1965 F-312 and 2007 F-47. The Tacoma F-47 is something else! It's a precursor to the GSR's produced by NH. I think it was used as a model for the GSR's. Hans get weigh in on this point. Thanks to fellow LTGer Richard Peterson and Blake Barnett. Both are straight up dealers and experts on Guilds!

5WSzr3T.jpg

w0dV3A5.jpg

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Awaiting pictures and should you try and sneak guitars by wife - and fail - I will check the Charlottesville news for "Wife Plays Tune on Husband's Head" with his guitars

beecee

Reaction score
Richard,

I'm sure it is a dumb question but who/what is Peterson in your sig?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Rich, it may be time to even things up and ask your wife what SHE wants!

walrus

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A husband and wife were in a busy shopping center just before Christmas.
They still had a lot to do and the wife realized that the husband was missing, so she called him on his cell phone.
She said, "Where are you, you know we still have lots to do?"
He replied, "Do you remember that jewelry store we went into about 10 years ago where you fell in love with a diamond necklace, I told you that we couldn't afford it then but that some day I would buy it for you?"
"Yes, I remember."

"Well, I'm in the guitar shop next door."

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wicked bad joke, so bad I wouldn't tell it to my wife. It would probably bring up a memory that I'd have no recollection of...

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
A husband and wife were in a busy shopping center just before Christmas.
They still had a lot to do and the wife realized that the husband was missing, so she called him on his cell phone.
She said, "Where are you, you know we still have lots to do?"
He replied, "Do you remember that jewelry store we went into about 10 years ago where you fell in love with a diamond necklace, I told you that we couldn't afford it then but that some day I would buy it for you?"
"Yes, I remember."

"Well, I'm in the guitar shop next door."

Definitely my situation....with the wife gone to India, and I'm alone -- dangerous!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Really a nice looking bunch and have to be a joy to play.

You are correct. Each one has its own voice and pleasure in playing. Right now, of course, I'm grooving on the F-47 which is only natural. But, each morning, I pick a different one. I find that playing in the morning I'm at my best technically.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn Rich!!! You are coming at us large with those new acquisitions my man!!! Absolutely beautiful and such a great variety of tone woods, tones and builds represented here!!

blakeb2193

Reaction score
That is a beautiful set of Guilds, and I am happy that the F47 is now with you. Now, all I need is a 60s D50brz for my collection. If the wife finds this new stash of Guilds, and your forced to sell, you got my number.Haha