The Song Title Game

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
When I think of Lindsay solo, I always think of "Arizona"...
Pure veer alert:
This is interesting (from the "usual source"):
"Lindsay had some success with such songs as "Arizona" (1969, Billboard #10), which sold over one million copies and was awarded a gold disc;[6] and "Silver Bird" (Billboard #25) in 1970.[2] Lindsay recorded "Indian Reservation", a song written by John Loudermilk and made into a Hot 100 top 20 hit by Don Fardon years earlier, to be a solo recording, but the decision was made to release the song under the name "Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian)"[/url] and it went on to be the only number one song in the group's history."
And I think the bolded section actually contains an increasingly-rare-for-Wiki error:
I think it was supposed to read "but the decision was made to release the song under the name of 'the Raiders'", because the title referenced in Wiki was actually the original Farndon version's title, but the Lindsay single was released as "the Raiders":
220px-Indian_Reservation_-_Raiders.jpg

When I looked at the original video link it was credited somewhere as '67 and even confirmed elsewhere so I just assumed that was correct.
And in yet another one of those "who knew?" revelations, Paul Revere and the Raiders were produced by the same Terry Melcher who turned down the opportunity to produce Charlie Manson, and Mark Lindsay even shared that house on Cielo Drive with him.
No wonder Charlie felt like he was on the verge of superstardom when he first visited!
We now resume our regularly scheduled thread.
:smile:

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Vincent - Don McLean

Starry, starry night

Portraits hung in empty halls
Frameless heads on nameless walls
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget
Like the strangers that you've met