Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGD Crossroads

Quote Originally Posted by richardp69 View Post
    Mornin' Dave. I plugged it into a Roland JC 120 just yesterday and messed with it for 1/2 hour or so. Still need to figure some things out.

There is just one input jack. There is a 3 selector switch and 3 different control knobs. One switch position drives the EMG neck pickup, one the acoustic transducer pickup and the 3rd (middle position) is for both pickups at the same time (I think) The 3 control knobs are for volume for the EMG pickup, volume for the acoustic pickup and the 3rd knob controls tone (bass to treble) for each.

I think this guitar may be a lot of fun for those frigid, snowy months when I'm looking for some type of diversion.

Like I said, I'm still trying to figure it all out but that's where I think I'm at for now.
    Thanks for the info. I'm generally against the idea of modifying a nice guitar, but as much as I enjoy the Peregrine I keep thinking it would be really cool if I could truly use it as a hybrid guitar - electric or acoustic at the touch of a switch. Not too sure about both at once, but it is something to consider. I'd try to do it as "invisible" as possible, too. Even thinking about matching red mahogany veneer over the pickup.

Wicked cool, Richard!
    Guilds:
    1967 MK-VI Artist Special (Hoboken - Jacobs restoration 2018) - "The Mark"
    12ers:
    1994 JF-30-12Bld (Westerly),
    2006 F-512 (Tacoma),
    2010 F-212XL STD (New Hartford) - "Connie"
    2014 Orpheum 12 OOO SHRW (New Hartford)

Other 12ers:
    1970 Martin D-12-20
    1980 Ibanez AW-75 (Series I)
    1984 Taylor 655

Really interesting looking guitar Richard. You do find some cool stuff! So what is this exactly - a thin hollow or semi hollow flattop with acoustic bridge and pickup? Does it sound like an electric or acoustic or somewhere in between?
    1979 Guild F-112 SB (Natalie)
    1996 Guild A-50 (Angelica)
    2011 Guild F-30CE
    2012 Guild F-30R (Rosie)
    2015 Epiphone ES-339 Pro
    --- Sold but not forgotten ---
    2012 Guild F-30
    2015 Alvarez MFA-70
    2015 Martin OM-28 VTS
    2016 Alvarez AF-60
    1990 Gibson ES-347

One of the coolest twists on the Tele I've ever seen.

A Guild first me! Very cool!
    Extended Family:
    '18 Guild F55 Jumbo ( Oxnard )
    '88 Guild GF30 SBX ( Westerly )
    '78 Guild D35 SB ( Westerly )
    '77 Guild S300 Natural ( Westerly )
    '65 Guild Mark I ( Hoboken )

The others:
    '19 Eastman E6D Sunburst ( MIC )
    '89 Strat MIJ Projectcaster Marvel's Daredevil "Devilcaster" w/ Might Mite Maple neck & '91 Fender American P/U's
    '17 LTD EC-401QM Frankenpaul ( originally found in 3 pieces in a Guitar Center dumpster )
    Crate Palomino V32 US Made Class A tube amp

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
    Really interesting looking guitar Richard. You do find some cool stuff! So what is this exactly - a thin hollow or semi hollow flattop with acoustic bridge and pickup? Does it sound like an electric or acoustic or somewhere in between?
    '94 catalog, pg 3, here (with comments on "tone"):
    https://www.gad.net/Blog/wp-content/...g-Electric.pdf
    "Semi-hollow" normally meant "chambered" in this type of construction, and note it's got both the magnetic and UST pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildedagain View Post
    One of the coolest twists on the Tele I've ever seen.
    Y'know I never made the connection before but by golly you're right that is the same outline as the T-series which are commonly called the "Guild Tele", and even used by Roy Buchanan for a while:

And because everybody loves a nice 'burst
    (from here: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sho...ple-fretboards)

Last edited by adorshki; 12-05-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

Quote Originally Posted by dapmdave View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm generally against the idea of modifying a nice guitar, but as much as I enjoy the Peregrine I keep thinking it would be really cool if I could truly use it as a hybrid guitar - electric or acoustic at the touch of a switch. Not too sure about both at once, but it is something to consider. I'd try to do it as "invisible" as possible, too. Even thinking about matching red mahogany veneer over the pickup.

Hello

Do you know how far Peregrine and Songbird are from each other soundwise when plugged in?

I have two reasons for asking.

First - I have been developing an ALMOST reversible way to convert my Songbird to Thru-body strings like Peregrine. Only irreversible thing would be those six holes in the back - if not happy. So - do you or anybody else know if there is a significant difference in plugged sound?

Second - if the answer to first question is "no big difference" - then why not just get a Songbird and mount a humbucker in the soundhole? A floating pickguard could then be organized with few minimal screwholes . . . etc . .
    First good guitar - GUILD Duane Eddy 400 - I was 3rd owner - still regret letting it go 25 years ago - used to have Artist Award and Starfire - no regrets here.
    Present guitars - all bought new - F50R 1975 - F512 1977 - F212CSB 1979 - OM-240CE 2018 - Schecter Startocaster
    Bought secondhand - B30SB fretless - RED Songbird - White Songbird - S-60D - D-125 - Gibson 3/4-size acoustic 1957 - Carmelo Gonzales nylon string - old Levin Lute

very cool looking. but does he have to type in all caps? yeesh
    Woody

the Br ('71 D25)

Quote Originally Posted by dapmdave View Post
    Awesome, Rich. I had forgotten these were produced. How are the controls and outputs set up?

I ask because Tom and I have been toying with the idea of modifying my Peregrine by adding a neck pickup just like this. Not sure how I'd want the switching. One or two output jacks? Obviously (to me, anyway) you wouldn't want to run into the same amp for both modes.
    Please sell me that rare Perigrine instead of cutting up the top.
    1970s: [ S60D | S70D | S300ADs ]
    1980s: [ X79-3 | X80s | X82 | X100 | X175 | S281 | BHM1 ]
    1980s: [ Detonator | Liberator + Elite | SF4 | AA ]
    1990s: [ S100 | X160 | X170 | X170T | SF3,5 | BB | NB | NB DX ]
    1990s: [ X2000 | X3000 | X4000s | DV72 | BHM1 | JF30-12 | Songbird ]
    2000s: [ SF3 | SF4 | B-90 | BB-90 | X160R | X500T | D55 ]
    2010s:
    [ Jetstar | R30 | D55 ]

My Reviews: [ GADsGuilds.com ] Guild Documents: [ Catalogs ] [ Price Lists ] [ Ads, Flyers, etc. ]

Congrats Richard! Michael (krysh), matsickma and at least one more member have a CR01 as well. Seems to be a rare club!
    Ralf