NGD Crossroads

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
How many rare ones does this make Richard? The Maple is gorgeous!! Enjoy in good health.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Oh, very nice! I've always liked the look of that model!

walrus

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
very nice grab, Richard. maybe a mod can move this to "chambered" section where it will get the luv it deserves!

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Never even knew these existed - quite a score Richard, it's a beauty! Congrats!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome, Rich. I had forgotten these were produced. How are the controls and outputs set up?

I ask because Tom and I have been toying with the idea of modifying my Peregrine by adding a neck pickup just like this. Not sure how I'd want the switching. One or two output jacks? Obviously (to me, anyway) you wouldn't want to run into the same amp for both modes.

Last edited:

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A jazz guitar in disguise. Congrats!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For your ease of viewing...

ydjqyzzmjjiularrokp1.jpg

mfb9yivtccyznpucfpnz.jpg

aytbhpfo4hcgwuclnm8k.jpg

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Awesome, Rich. I had forgotten these were produced. How are the controls and outputs set up?

I ask because Tom and I have been toying with the idea of modifying my Peregrine by adding a neck pickup just like this. Not sure how I'd want the switching. One or two output jacks? Obviously (to me, anyway) you wouldn't want to run into the same amp for both modes.

Mornin' Dave. I plugged it into a Roland JC 120 just yesterday and messed with it for 1/2 hour or so. Still need to figure some things out.

There is just one input jack. There is a 3 selector switch and 3 different control knobs. One switch position drives the EMG neck pickup, one the acoustic transducer pickup and the 3rd (middle position) is for both pickups at the same time (I think) The 3 control knobs are for volume for the EMG pickup, volume for the acoustic pickup and the 3rd knob controls tone (bass to treble) for each.

I think this guitar may be a lot of fun for those frigid, snowy months when I'm looking for some type of diversion.

Like I said, I'm still trying to figure it all out but that's where I think I'm at for now.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Mornin' Dave. I plugged it into a Roland JC 120 just yesterday and messed with it for 1/2 hour or so. Still need to figure some things out.

There is just one input jack. There is a 3 selector switch and 3 different control knobs. One switch position drives the EMG neck pickup, one the acoustic transducer pickup and the 3rd (middle position) is for both pickups at the same time (I think) The 3 control knobs are for volume for the EMG pickup, volume for the acoustic pickup and the 3rd knob controls tone (bass to treble) for each.

I think this guitar may be a lot of fun for those frigid, snowy months when I'm looking for some type of diversion.

Like I said, I'm still trying to figure it all out but that's where I think I'm at for now.

Thanks for the info. I'm generally against the idea of modifying a nice guitar, but as much as I enjoy the Peregrine I keep thinking it would be really cool if I could truly use it as a hybrid guitar - electric or acoustic at the touch of a switch. Not too sure about both at once, but it is something to consider. I'd try to do it as "invisible" as possible, too. Even thinking about matching red mahogany veneer over the pickup.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Really interesting looking guitar Richard. You do find some cool stuff! So what is this exactly - a thin hollow or semi hollow flattop with acoustic bridge and pickup? Does it sound like an electric or acoustic or somewhere in between?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Really interesting looking guitar Richard. You do find some cool stuff! So what is this exactly - a thin hollow or semi hollow flattop with acoustic bridge and pickup? Does it sound like an electric or acoustic or somewhere in between?
'94 catalog, pg 3, here (with comments on "tone"):
https://www.gad.net/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Guild-1994-Catalog-Electric.pdf
"Semi-hollow" normally meant "chambered" in this type of construction, and note it's got both the magnetic and UST pickups.

One of the coolest twists on the Tele I've ever seen.
Y'know I never made the connection before but by golly you're right that is the same outline as the T-series which are commonly called the "Guild Tele", and even used by Roy Buchanan for a while:

scan_131050001-1.jpg

And because everybody loves a nice 'burst
(from here: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?147679-Guild-tele-maple-fretboards)
Picture121.jpg

:smile:

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for the info. I'm generally against the idea of modifying a nice guitar, but as much as I enjoy the Peregrine I keep thinking it would be really cool if I could truly use it as a hybrid guitar - electric or acoustic at the touch of a switch. Not too sure about both at once, but it is something to consider. I'd try to do it as "invisible" as possible, too. Even thinking about matching red mahogany veneer over the pickup.

Hello

Do you know how far Peregrine and Songbird are from each other soundwise when plugged in?

I have two reasons for asking.

First - I have been developing an ALMOST reversible way to convert my Songbird to Thru-body strings like Peregrine. Only irreversible thing would be those six holes in the back - if not happy. So - do you or anybody else know if there is a significant difference in plugged sound?

Second - if the answer to first question is "no big difference" - then why not just get a Songbird and mount a humbucker in the soundhole? A floating pickguard could then be organized with few minimal screwholes . . . etc . .

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
very cool looking. but does he have to type in all caps? yeesh

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

Please sell me that rare Perigrine instead of cutting up the top.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats Richard! Michael (krysh), matsickma and at least one more member have a CR01 as well. Seems to be a rare club!
Ralf