One My Texas Country Heroes

geoguy

Reaction score
Nice tune. Must be something in the water . . . a lot of good songwriters come out of Texas.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
cool voices.
anyone know what pup he has in that Guild most likely?

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice tune. Must be something in the water . . . a lot of good songwriters come out of Texas.
True story Geo. I have a long list of favorite songwriters from all over the country but Texas is home to the greater part of the list. Kentucky coming in second.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Walt’s good stuff. Saw him and Susan Gibson at the Granada in Dallas 5 or 8 years ago. Great stuff. I was bummed because Sam Baker was supposed to be with them and he was sick. They put on a hell of a good show though.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I had never heard of this fella but I really like him material and his style. Good stuff.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I just ordered 2 CD's by this guy off Ebay. They also had another Texas boy shown I had never heard of before named Brandon Rhyder so I ordered one of his as well. Anybody ever hear this guy and if so, what are your thoughts????

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, thanks Woody for your initial post. I haven't bought any music in years. I got hung up on what I knew best, mostly John Prine, Steve Goodman, Bill Morrissey, James Taylor. Robert Earl, Lyle and others and I just ignored everything else.

So, I ordered two Walt Wilkins Cds' on Ebay and got one today ( "Plenty") and I think I'll need to buy music again. I love this guy and recommend ya'll give him a listen if possible.

Below the Ebay listing it showed other artists I might like and there was a 2 CD set by a fella named Brandon Rhyder so I ordered that as well. Haven't checked that out yet.

I seem to like all kinds of artists but it just seems to me those Texas boys and ladies got it all goin' on. Texas is one of the few States I haven't visited but I need to get there and to Louisiana to check out the great music coming out of there. Another bucket list "to do".