Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
9rm64ulvglk31.png

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
LOL! Exactly why I never had a yard sale or go to one. My wife, however, loves them.

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
LOL! Exactly why I never had a yard sale or go to one. My wife, however, loves them.

walrus

20 years ago I helped my mother in law run a yard sale. Never again. Holy CRAP, people at yard sales suck.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
That they do.. They will see something clearly marked $15 and ask if you'll take 50 cents.. Yeah.. Been a while.. For a reason..

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Remember an yard-sale in Minneapolis back when . . .

Walking towards garage door I spotted a HP-oscillator - he was asking 50$ for it - said I can return it if it does not work or if I for any other reason do not like it. It had originally been at Sound-80 recording studios. That was a really nice studio in mid 70:s - I suppose that is the place where Leo Kottke met Bob Dylan and said what he thinks of Bobs new album in making. Later Leo asked "Bob who?" when someone asked what he and Bob had been talking about.

A video in YouTube - Leo tells about it - https://youtu.be/f2KoIWEAdaM -

And the oscillator - I still have it and use it weekly - in the HP pricelist back then it was over 700$

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
We once had a brick and mortar antique shop. Sometimes I was forced to "man" it. It was pretty clear that there were visitors with a wide range of motivations. Some really just wanted to interact with people and so it didn't matter what was there to read, they were going to ask anyway. There were also a lot of people who were playing a game and they won if they haggled down to "their price". I don't know how many times people refused to believe something was my best offer or got offended when the negotiation went: $5 (price tag). $3.00 (offer), $4.00 (counter offer), $3.50 (counter), $4.00 (firm), No Thanks (accompanied with some sense annoyance). And while we may not all have the same definition of "stupid" I think we can agree that, however it is defined, "You can't fix Stupid."