Eastman T-386...

guildman63

Reaction score
While I play mostly Guild guitars, I did recently feel the need to replace my previously owned then sold Guild GSR Starfire VI. Because price was a major limiting factor I went with this Eastman, and for well under $1K brand new I got one heck of a guitar!

Do any others own this guitar? If so, how is it working for you?

Mark WW

Reaction score
I had an Eastman T-486B in Cherry. Beautiful guitar. Sounded great and had a nice wide neck. It was between my Guild SFIII and SFVI and the Eastman.I have this absurd emotional connection to Guild guitars that may not have any rational basis but non the less the Eastman lost out. Here is a pic

Bvvm87r.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Guildman! So glad to hear from you again!

There are many "335" guitars out there that are not a zillion dollars that are very nice. I remember a Hamer that a too-soon-to-be-departed friend had that was very very nice. I'm sure your Eastman is quite excellent :cheerful:

guildman63

Reaction score
To not keep the III and VI over the Eastman would have been absurd and irrational (nothing against the Eastman).

Bill, I have heard very good things about Hamer guitars, but have never had the pleasure of playing one. Probably a good thing as Guild gives me more than enough gas, which takes all of my effort on a nearly daily basis to resist.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Mark WW that sure is pretty!
I love Eastmans both their acoustics and electrics. I own 2 and have owned others over they years. Though I prefer my Guilds most of the time, my Eastmans hold up nicely and my E6D is going to make a hell of a stage guitar. I've said before, and I know the whole MIC thing is a big deterrent for a lot of folks, but these are anything but your typical MIC instruments.. I love Blueridge, Recording Kings and earlier GAD Guilds, but to me Eastman has them all edged out in craftsmanship and tone.. But all of those brands are nothing to be ashamed of. Of course Guild is still the best!

Mark WW

Reaction score
Mark WW that sure is pretty!
I love Eastmans both their acoustics and electrics. I own 2 and have owned others over they years. Though I prefer my Guilds most of the time, my Eastmans hold up nicely and my E6D is going to make a hell of a stage guitar. I've said before, and I know the whole MIC thing is a big deterrent for a lot of folks, but these are anything but your typical MIC instruments.. I love Blueridge, Recording Kings and earlier GAD Guilds, but to me Eastman has them all edged out in craftsmanship and tone.. But all of those brands are nothing to be ashamed of. Of course Guild is still the best!

Thanks it was. The quality of the Eastman is superb. The decision to sell was not based on logic but sentiment. I am still struggling with my Corona SF III because of the pickups but am afraid to try and buy some vintage pups because I am lousy with detaiols and would probably get ripped off. I have read GAD's blog 100 times but since I started experiencing cognition issues the simplest of things can become a mountain and the SFIII pups are like Mt. Washington.

Here is a pic of my SF

GjDIIfY.jpg

Last edited:

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
That is a gorgeous SF Mark so I can totally see why you would keep it. Hey if it came down to choosing between Guild or Eastman l am going to pick my Guilds all the way. For a number of reasons.
I hope you are able to get the pickup situation worked out!!!

Mark WW

Reaction score
THx - are the wires from the pups 2 or 4 wire does anyone know? Maybe a coils split?