NGD: Hallmark Deke Dickerson Model Two Prototype

Reaction score
DD2-01.jpg

DD2-14.jpg

http://chasingguitars.com/hallmark-deke-dickerson-model-two-prototype/

Been a fan of Hallmark guitars for quite a while. The old 60s Hallmark was an offshoot of Mosrite and was restarted by Bob Shade. I bought this Prototype direct from Bob. I have had several Hallmark guitars over the years. They are well made and well priced and sold direct from the Hallmark website.

Hallmark-slider.jpg

Hallmark history can be found here: http://chasingguitars.com/hallmark-history/

I once owned the original Deke Dickerson Signature guitar and was dumb enough to sell it. This is the Model Two inspired by a Custom Mosrite played by Don Rich of the Buck Owens Buckaroos on Hee Haw. I bit like a Telecaster with Bob Shade’s vibrato (which is awesome by the way) and pickups. Bob even used so NOS Mosrite pickup rings that were used on the Mosrite Electric Resonator guitars you would see Glen Campbell play years back.

This being the Prototype it lacks the Deke Dickerson Model Two logo on the headstock as it was not yet designed. Bob only has a few of these limited editions left in Blue and Black.

Last edited:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very cool. Deke is a wonderful guitarist and singer; he plays pretty often around here. I’ll bet that’s a great playing guitar. Congratulations!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Super neat guitar!!! So those pickups are much like a tele?

Reaction score
Super neat guitar!!! So those pickups are much like a tele?

No not really. Although you can get a twang out it. The are Hallmark JM-6 pickups housed in genuine NOS 60’s Mosrite/ Dobro Pickup Surrounds. They are a replica of AP-6 that were on early Mosrites. They are single coil pickups.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I like that a LOT! Deke's a pal, and I have played his first sig - super cool sounding guitar, but on the heavy side...is this one lighter?

Reaction score
I like that a LOT! Deke's a pal, and I have played his first sig - super cool sounding guitar, but on the heavy side...is this one lighter?

Yes the first one is a heavy guitar. One reason I sold mine. But I now regret selling it. The Deke II is lighter and is a chambered telecaster size guitar. The Prototype one I have weighs in at 7-lbs 9.5-ozs. The original Deke Signature was over 9-lbs and had lots of bling.

DekeModel01.jpg

Hallmark owner Bob Shade told me the original Deke will likely never be reissued as it would cost too much now.