Play Authenic

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

Grassdog

Reaction score
Looks like Gibson has promptly put Mark to good use. Appears they also ran him through a quick course in charm school, lol.

I'll never forget Agnesi's review and demo of a 1975 Guild F-412. Jump out to minute 4:15....

Agnessi's finest moment IMO in all the Norm's videos comes at 6:46 was when he pulled out Rude Mood on that F-412

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Head Of Brand Experience.

While I am willing to bash Gibson with everyone else, that is a title that is being used in many industries now. Think of an old time Director of Marketing in a world where social media is eclipsing broadcast TV and radio and print media in importance and influence. It is primarily advertising - make sure a) people know who you are and what you do and b) when they talk about you encourage them to say nice things and c) when they don't talk nice initiate a reasonable amount of damage control.

They usually have very little input into what is being selected for production. They are not the leaders in market research. They would be the folks who would deal with the perception that Gibson Denim Pants (TM applied) suck because there are only four belt loops and make sure that does not have an impact on the sales of Gibson Basses, which only have four strings.

mike1100

Reaction score
They would be the folks who would deal with the perception that Gibson Denim Pants (TM applied) suck because there are only four belt loops

Popcorn, (check).
Cold beverage, (check).
Comfortable chair (check).

For those interested, I'm running a current special, buy one play authentic "String-butler" and get a free pair of Gibson branded suspenders :biggrin-new:

guitar-full-2__52525.1494337492.jpg

JF-30

Reaction score
Popcorn, (check).
Cold beverage, (check).
Comfortable chair (check).

For those interested, I'm running a current special, buy one play authentic "String-butler" and get a free pair of Gibson branded suspenders :biggrin-new:

guitar-full-2__52525.1494337492.jpg
That's a great looking authentic Gibson Tele on those suspenders.

mike1100

Reaction score
Funny you should notice that one. It was a never released prototype.

Around the time when Gibson was to release their "Authentic Hendrix" strat copy, they developed and were in negotiation to release a "Keef signature". The "Gibson Keef" would come standard with a bigsby. But alas, the deal fell through and the rest is history-ish (tongue in cheek).

JF-30

Reaction score
Why hasn't Gibson sued Fender they both make guitars out of wood. Gibson knows wood.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
While I am willing to bash Gibson with everyone else, that is a title that is being used in many industries now. Think of an old time Director of Marketing in a world where social media is eclipsing broadcast TV and radio and print media in importance and influence. It is primarily advertising - make sure a) people know who you are and what you do and b) when they talk about you encourage them to say nice things and c) when they don't talk nice initiate a reasonable amount of damage control.
Would preserving the Juskiwiecz legacy fall under that umbrella?
And what about that guy from Volkswagen, he's about done with the last project now, should be available, right?
They usually have very little input into what is being selected for production. They are not the leaders in market research. They would be the folks who would deal with the perception that Gibson Denim Pants (TM applied) suck because there are only four belt loops
It's not your bass that makes your belly look fat it’s those 3 missing belt loops allowing the waistband to roll over and create the illusion of a big belly.
The Airplane never would have endorsed such blatant cheapnis:

and make sure that does not have an impact on the sales of Gibson Basses, which only have four strings.
Yep, definitely Levis-think at work.
“I could-a had a Guild 8”:

images

But if you were really economy minded you could settle for 5:
059f92af-40b7-55f8-ab16-b94e78370322__65199.1530200400.jpg

Dickie's is the only maker still offering full 7-loop capacity blue jeans and have thus earned a lifetime customer in me, but if they ever delete any loops I'm just gonna have to quit wearing pants.

Reaction score
I'd have to agree, GAD.

Even his style is claimed to be "authentic"...

"Mark, who joins Gibson from Norman’s Rare Guitars, will bring his industry expertise, his authentic style, and his passion for guitars to help Gibson shape the future."

walrus

“authentic style” = smug arrogance

Never liked this guy and hardly watched Norm videos he was in.

JF-30

Reaction score
I can't believe Gibson is not suing everyone. Other manufacture's guitars bear striking resemblance to Gibson's. Wood, strings, knobs, pots, caps, nuts, tuners, saddles, bridges, necks and headstocks. Didn't Gibson's authentically invent these innovations over a million years ago when the apes were hanging out around the monolith?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I can't believe Gibson is not suing everyone. Other manufacture's guitars bear striking resemblance to Gibson's. Wood, strings, knobs, pots, caps, nuts, tuners, saddles, bridges, necks and headstocks. Didn't Gibson's authentically invent these innovations over a million years ago when the apes were hanging out around the monolith?
2001-ape.jpg

727bd384167ab482db59e38821edc6f2--pete-townshend-live-rock.jpg

F312

Reaction score
Would preserving the Juskiwiecz legacy fall under that umbrella?
And what about that guy from Volkswagen, he's about done with the last project now, should be available, right?

It's not your bass that makes your belly look fat it’s those 3 missing belt loops allowing the waistband to roll over and create the illusion of a big belly.
The Airplane never would have endorsed such blatant cheapnis:

Yep, definitely Levis-think at work.
“I could-a had a Guild 8”:

images

But if you were really economy minded you could settle for 5:
059f92af-40b7-55f8-ab16-b94e78370322__65199.1530200400.jpg

Dickie's is the only maker still offering full 7-loop capacity blue jeans and have thus earned a lifetime customer in me, but if they ever delete any loops I'm just gonna have to quit wearing pants.

Where would you hang out then?

Ralph

amnicon

Reaction score
Guild Total
In the video he explains that "it's not about being a bully".

It seems that if you need to explain that you're not being a bully than you know you are a bully anyway. Even if you try to claim otherwise.