Orchestra stress lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well , how to start ?
I really should hold off for a few weeks on this as a NGD is coming . I'm just not sure exactly when and it will play a factor in the short run.

So I'll be selling off something not that I want to or have to but I need my new poormans surround sound speakers to help finish off my entertainment center . I mean it's a must right !? Otherwise why build it ? Said in a other worldly voice , If you build it new speakers will come . Lol

I'm rotating around everyday the 3 orchestra models I have and its become kind of difficult to decide what to keep and which one to sell. Now I do have the CO-2 up for sale and yeah I'm asking tad bit more then normal for it but I feel it's really worth it and curse that dang red sticker ! Along with the bad rap these guitars got.

So I kind hate talking about this here because I get the feeling many are one-sided , at least here and I certainly don't want to upset anyone with my expressing my views or takes on the guitars in my hands but let's carry on .... Lol

So to name the 3 which most know already are the ,
F30rce 2013
Contemporary CO-2 2006 or close ?
Blueridge BR 283A 2016
And Guitar X in a month I hope but we can't count that yet obviously .

Each guitar is great no fibbing about that .
I have to say as of this moment I've fell in love again with the Co-2 . It's just sounds sweet defined with sparkle and sustain along very good overtones .

The top keeps drawing my attention with the Silking and a we bit of bear claw . I've not seen a lot of Adirondack tops with these features .

She is a very sweet guitar .

The BR283A is very similar but it has a very big sound more like a dread not the same tone of coarse but closer then most the OM's I've played . The whole guitar vibrates heavily feeling more like a dread in that aspect . Great over tones not quite as glassy as the CO-2 but close .

I was having issues with low E definition it sounded kind of dull / muddy . I'm pretty sure I mentioned to that in a post but maybe not here lol stupid brain !

Playing her now it's like totally different , what happened ? IDK ... Being a 2016 bought just a few months back she was sold as unplayed and it certainly seemed that way . Maybe she starting to open up , Adirondack is known for taking a lot longer to break in then Sitka and Cedar.

The F30RCE
Now she's sweet as well but much warmer then the other two . Her overtones are very nice and like to be very subtle . She's certainly a lady of charm and discipline and let's forget well balanced .

They each have 1 3/4 nuts the Guilds have the 12" radius fretboard and the Blueridge has a 16 " radius.

I'm not sure to string spacing at the moment but I think the Blue has the widest at least it feels that way then comes the CO-2 then F30 . Now just going by feel and comfort .

For some reason I like the CO more as to the comfort over the F3O and for the life of me I don't know why that is as they should be the same .

The Blue is good but just has a different feel . I'd have to measure them I guess .

Ok so to end I think I have Adirondack on the brain at least in this case . So that leaves my long awaited F30rce seemingly on the chopping block .

So I have time and will keep rotating as often as I can until the new one shows up and can get thrown in the fray . Lol

Enjoy your weekend :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So I'll be selling off something not that I want to or have to but I need my new poormans surround sound speakers to help finish off my entertainment center . I mean it's a must right !?

Uh-uh.
Keep the guitars, get the speakers later.
Surely you've got something lying around which can do temporary duty?
Or is the problem that you want to wire 'em in now because it'd be a PITA (and I don't mean flatbread) later?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Uh-uh.
Keep the guitars, get the speakers later.
Surely you've got something lying around which can do temporary duty?
Or is the problem that you want to wire 'em in now because it'd be a PITA (and I don't mean flatbread) later?

I've suffered long enough lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Rainy day so I took it off from work . I've only been playing my Blueridge the last week but this morning I took out the CO-2 .

I needed to come up with a demo tune of some sort which I'd said I would in my reverb listing . I did noodle out something and I thought this would be a good time to A/B with the F30RCE .

I feel bad in a way maybe because I'm feel like I'm letting you folks down in some way or I have some kind of a guild guilt or some weird thing .

Anyway I made my choice and I'm going to keep the CO-2 and now sell the F30RCE .

I decided to check the measurements on both guitars as I never had . I know the CO is based off it but why check it ? because for some reason the CO-2 feels better in hand .

Not surprising but both are identical less the wood combinations. Oh the CO has gloss neck vrs the satain on the F30Rce

The Blueridge is EIR, Adirondack top ,Ebony fingerboard and bridge the Co is Hog , Adirondack top , Ebony fingerboard and bridge.

Both of these are a richer then the F30rce , now it's said that the ebony fingerboards and bridges add a bit more brightness to the guitars where as the rosewood is more warmer which we most already know about from rosewood bodied guitars . So adding the ebony to the Adirondack tops and there I have it , guess that's what I like.

I like the richness of these two guitars. So I'm not surprised now why I preferred the sound of my Blueridge dread also EIR , ebony , Adirondack.

Now this could just be luck of the draw as some of you can remember the F30's I bought and returned thing was I said they sounded fantastic ! and also I said there was one that I still can't get out of my head . The F30's are Sitka tops with hog bodies Rosewood fingerboard and bridge .

So is it the mahogany that makes all the difference ? Can't be can it ? My Blueridge as mentioned above is like the F30Rce but it's much brighter/ richer is that just because of the ebony ? Can that little bit be the difference ?

I know my F212xlce is rich but the F55 is warmer like the F30rce .

I guess maybe its all of the above . Not only do I confuse you all I confuse myself . Lol

Ok that's it the the C0-2 is officially offthe sale block and reverb . I be setting up one for the F30rce.

Interesting indeed at least for me 😊

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Ray, If you are serious about getting rid of the New Hartford F30RCE you might want to reach out to "GuildinAtlanta" here on the forum. They had posted a thread not too long ago looking for a New Hartford F30R and from the last post it appears they are still on the hunt. Best of luck man!

Here is the link to their thread.

http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showth...ew-Hartford-Mint-to-Excellent-Condition/page5

TX

tommym

Reaction score
....I feel bad in a way maybe because I'm feel like I'm letting you folks down in some way....

Nah.....no need to feel that way. There is no such thing as one size fits all in the guitar world. Besides, you are about the only standard-bearer for the Guild CO-2! It is nice to know that you will continue to soldier on with the Guild CO-2 for the time being. :eagerness:

Tommy

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Not surprising but both are identical less the wood combinations. Oh the CO has gloss neck vrs the satain on the F30Rce
Not quite "identical":
Don't forget the whole reason the Contemporaries were created was as a platform for the graphite heel block with the associated graphite "spider" tone arms.
Thinking about it now, I think the bolt-on neck block was actually used to provide amounting for that exotic bracing trick, I don't think they were actually looking to make neck re-sets easier.
All the promotional lit I've ever seen stresses the tone advantages, not the maintenance.
I think that might be what's really making it sound so good to you.
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Not quite "identical":
Don't forget the whole reason the Contemporaries were created was as a platform for the graphite heel block with the associated graphite "spider" tone arms.
Thinking about it now, I think the bolt-on neck block was actually used to provide amounting for that exotic bracing trick, I don't think they were actually looking to make neck re-sets easier.
All the promotional lit I've ever seen stresses the tone advantages, not the maintenance.
I think that might be what's really making it sound so good to you.
:friendly_wink:

Identical in body dimensions is what I meant and the bracing looks the same .

I forget how literal some of you are lol

And no I don't agree on the graphite upgrade is making sound so good and I bet if two side by side one with one without the spidery graphite stuff the tones would pretty darn close .
The neck joint is meant to work as one w transfering that energy to the spider .

It's hard to know but I also think the bolt in part was intended to speed things up and maybe save a buck . The two ideas got tied together . But I'm grasping at straws . If you used a glued dove joint all wood and the spider on the body I don't see to much difference in the energy being less or more .

I can say once you mess with the next and use wood shims it just becomes a regular neck at that point . Body contact heal side is all wood .

Remember the CV-1? it's tone is in league with the F30rce which has no Spider X the Blueridge is nothing like the F30rce , yes the blue has Adirondack and ebony FB and BR but like I side its more in league with the CO-2 Then the F30rce .do now you have Adirondack vrs Mahogany.

Now one point I want to stress is by no means is this meant to say the F30rce is a slouch it's far from it and again if you folks remember I totally enjoyed my CV-1 .
I actually still miss that guitar and it's new owner seems to live as much as I.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Ray, If you are serious about getting rid of the New Hartford F30RCE you might want to reach out to "GuildinAtlanta" here on the forum. They had posted a thread not too long ago looking for a New Hartford F30R and from the last post it appears they are still on the hunt. Best of luck man!

Here is the link to their thread.

http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showth...ew-Hartford-Mint-to-Excellent-Condition/page5

TX

Yes we've spoke but his last post I'm aware if he said he's holding off for a
" Mint " model . Mine is not that it can be easy restored to that with just a small chip in the clear coat binding the rest is just the usual light scratches mostly only seen the sun light also about 6 small scuffs a nice buff job should handle them all.
I also think he had other parties he was speaking to .

Thanks for thinking about me :)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not sure what this post is about. Do you need help with something? Or advice, or...... just someone to listen to the ramble?

I'm not sure.

But the advice about reaching out to GuildinAtlanta sounds good. So are you looking to SELL A GUITAR??

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what this post is about. Do you need help with something? Or advice, or...... just someone to listen to the ramble?

I'm not sure.

But the advice about reaching out to GuildinAtlanta sounds good. So are you looking to SELL A GUITAR??

I'm just rambling Tom sometimes pointless conversation is good , nothing wrong with that is there ? Or does the site note like that either ?

I posted here because it's about acoustics , a mod can delete the whole thread if they like not a biggy or should I say big deal .

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm just rambling Tom...

We're used to that, Ray, lol! I can understand you keeping that Blueridge. The knowledgeable old tech I used to take my guitars to was BIG on Blueridge - said no sense in paying big bucks for a Martin when you can get one of those!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ramble On, Ray!

walrus

Thank you . At least it offers an option other then what's this serial number ? or hey look at this Guild or this one , like no one's seen them a million times by now or what strings should I use even though I been playing for years .

Hah ! Kidding lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
We're used to that, Ray, lol! I can understand you keeping that Blueridge. The knowledgeable old tech I used to take my guitars to was BIG on Blueridge - said no sense in paying big bucks for a Martin when you can get one of those!

Don't forget I'm also keeping the CO-2 and my other guilds haha .

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just felt like I was supposed to come up with some kind of answer for you or a recommendation or something. But i couldn't figure it out..... as has been said, RAMBLE ON, RAY!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I just felt like I was supposed to come up with some kind of answer for you or a recommendation or something. But i couldn't figure it out..... as has been said, RAMBLE ON, RAY!

No you shouldn't feel that way but at the same time maybe you could share your experiences selecting guitars especially if there all of one style , that would be cool . It's kind if the point .

Yes I know I'm very strange in my methods but hey ! Thank God there's only one of me !

Dang thing is I keep running into people who keep saying the know if seen me , happened if FLA lots of times happened in NY where I'm from lots of times and has happened here in NC .

One guy at a truck stop started talking to me like we we're buds turns out this in was in FLA but somewhere I never been .

Yesterday at the vets office a lady asked the same thing all I found say is I'm cloned and have know idea why . Lol

Well so much for the one of me part . Lmao

And they say God has no humor! Lmao

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I still can't fix typos on mobile with out deleting the post so .... Oops . 😊