Echo in the Canyon - Revisiting Laurel Canon Friday, 04/26 at Noon

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Resurrecting this thread to let you know Echo In the Canyon is now on Amazon Prime and Netflix, if you are streamer. Watched it in the wee hours of the morning last week and really enjoyed it.

Cros finally admits he was kicked out of The Bryds for being an a**hole.

JF-30

Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread to let you know Echo In the Canyon is now on Amazon Prime and Netflix, if you are streamer. Watched it in the wee hours of the morning last week and really enjoyed it.

Cros finally admits he was kicked out of The Bryds for being an a**hole.
Yes indded cause he was. I love what he said about most groups. They go up to a peak, then start to fall and then its all smoke and mirrors and you play your hits. I am paraphrahing but it is the truth for a bout 90% of groups. The doc was good. I could have done with more info and less of the concert with Beck, Apple, Dylan ect. It was good IMHO but not nessassary.

Grassdog

Reaction score

I think most of the folks here on LTG would really enjoy this movie (I certainly did, having watched it 3 times now). Jakob Dylan did a wonderful job with this. You can tell everyone he interviewed here has a lot of respect for him. There's another documentary that was done about 10 years ago called Legends of the Canyon, narrated by Henry Diltz, that makes a nice companion piece to this. I'm sure a lot of folks here know Henry as the photographer for so many of the iconic album covers of the period (and a musician and Laurel Canyon resident himself during the period). Great stuff.