it cometh: 67 SFB-I beauty queen

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
"The pots fit right through the center of the F-hole."

Lord: you're giving me flashbacks of an ES-335 I modded once. Requires a bit more patience and finesse than slamming together a loaded Strat scratch plate or rewiring a Les Paul through the access covers. Especially if you want the finish around the f-hole to still look unmolested when you're done. Kinda like building one of those ships in a bottle.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
"The pots fit right through the center of the F-hole."

Lord: you're giving me flashbacks of an ES-335 I modded once. Requires a bit more patience and finesse than slamming together a loaded Strat scratch plate or rewiring a Les Paul through the access covers. Especially if you want the finish around the f-hole to still look unmolested when you're done. Kinda like building one of those ships in a bottle.

It's definitely something that requires a ton of patience and finesse!
My most noteworthy experience with this was my Dearmond Starfire bass; the most difficult part being the massive 6-way rotary selector switch with all of those capacitors attached to it... there was barely enough room inside (from the top to the back of the bass) for the bulk of it below the shaft.

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
At least it looks like the DeArmond f-holes give you a bit more clearance.

I hope those knobs were mostly "set-and-forget": think I'd lose track of what was what on the fly... ;-)

mellowgerman

Reaction score
At least it looks like the DeArmond f-holes give you a bit more clearance.

I hope those knobs were mostly "set-and-forget": think I'd lose track of what was what on the fly... ;-)

Haha I was always playing around with them, especially in live situations to accommodate/adapt to the size and acoustics of the room. Don't know how Phil was able to resist the temptation with big brown